Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Rihannsu
# 51
05-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Whatsamatter? You no like free mail in free-2-play game where computer generate accounts faster than they can ever get banned?

It's NOT going to be fixed, edited, filtered or otherwise resolved.

You have to treat it just like you do snail mail, drop it in the trash.

Or you can always follow Cryptic's suggestion on how to deal with it - by reporting it as spam and submitting a GM ticket.
Lt. Commander
I don't know if this is the right section to post this but here we go.

Today I've received two emails on my account mail and the content was this:

Come check out our amazing deals on EC, you'll even get 10% free on every order! We offer EC for as low as 10m (+10% free) for $4.99 and don't worry about quantity, with our stock of over 4 billion EC we guarantee to always have your order in stock!

Also, for a limited time you can recieve 5% off with the coupon code "egpal2013"!

Remeber, stop by [ul]www.EgPal.com[/rl] for all of your STO EC needs!

From This USER:

<do not put @handles on the forums -- report them in-game>

Lately I've been reading a few posts of people complaining their accounts had been hacked, I belive the two things are connected so beware!

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 05-10-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Captain
# 53
05-10-2013, 06:27 AM
I've gotten those as well. Report and delete.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Career Officer
# 54
05-10-2013, 07:22 AM
I'm up to 40 of these frakkin things -.-
Ikuzo, Trombe!
Captain
# 55
05-10-2013, 07:23 AM
Step 1 - Report
Step 2 - Delete

Although, the downside to this seems to be my little ignore room is going to be flooded with handles I have no idea about.
Captain
# 56
05-10-2013, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokersmith1 View Post
Although, the downside to this seems to be my little ignore room is going to be flooded with handles I have no idea about.
Better there than in your inbox.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Survivor of Romulus
# 57 Spam mails
05-13-2013, 04:00 AM
I've noticed my inbox is getting a few of these on a daily basis now trying to flog me EC's. It's like being back in WoW and I haven't come across this sort of thing... well... ever in STO. Has anyone else noticed an increase?
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Survivor of Romulus
# 58
05-13-2013, 04:03 AM
Yes, my fleet have been talking about it.

Looks like they're not making much money at the moment and they are ramping up production.

Just report and ignore them!
Survivor of Romulus
# 59
05-13-2013, 10:34 AM
I would not be surprised if many of the accounts that were used to spam are player accounts already compromised. This way the hackers win twice, they can take their gold /EC /whatever back plus anything they can steal and also bait some new customers.
Career Officer
# 60 Gold Spam
05-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Back when the game was first released Gold Spammers were like cockroaches but Cryptic quickly got a handle on them and squashed them into extinction. At least that is what I thought.

over the past month or so egpal.com email spamming has restarted and is becoming quite a nuisance. Is it not possible for the developers to simply ban certain URL's or terms from the email system? If not that then something needs to be done to silence this nuisance.

On a side note I have never understood why anyone would need to buy ec in this game anyway. It is easy to get funds in this game without going to the gold spammers.

Last edited by shrapne11; 05-14-2013 at 10:43 PM.