Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
# 81
05-16-2013, 11:50 AM
I've yet to see a goldseller in STO.

As for hacking, the vast majority of hacking comes from people we know. Revenge, jealousy, or just because they can.
Now, if you are dumb enough to give your access code, especially to have a fully lvled character in STO, when it takes less than a week for the most casual player, you are hopeless and deserve what happen to you.
Survivor of Romulus
# 82
05-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Most "EC sellers" are criminals of one sort or another
its normally a scam to get your account details (credit card)
and even when its not their actions are part of organised criminal gangs

see one report the hell out of him
Captain
# 83
05-16-2013, 11:56 AM
Considering you can't trade dilithium, anyone even attempting to sell you dilith is flat out scamming you.
Career Officer
# 84
05-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Considering you can't trade dilithium, anyone even attempting to sell you dilith is flat out scamming you.
Or trying to sell you a lot of Contraband. But ya.. umm no.
Captain
# 85
05-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
What often happens with these services is that people take over your account and grind out Dilithium for you for a fee. You often see this advertised in many MMOs - as well as the "pay me to get your character to max level in 2 days" types of deals on many games.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Republic Veteran
# 86
05-16-2013, 12:04 PM
On the up side, the increased attention from RMT shows the game has increased in success and or popularity recently.
Career Officer
# 87
05-16-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
What often happens with these services is that people take over your account and grind out Dilithium for you for a fee. You often see this advertised in many MMOs - as well as the "pay me to get your character to max level in 2 days" types of deals on many games.
In this day and age, anyone falling for that must be pretty gullible indeed.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Captain
# 88
05-16-2013, 12:08 PM
I never got any of these from late season six until about three weeks ago, then I've had 4 or 5 mails since then.

I block them but I'd do more if I knew what to do.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
# 89
05-16-2013, 12:59 PM
So far I've received multiple emails from this egpal guy. I'm reporting everything but it sucks that I keep getting those emails. I really hope no one falls for that, especially the kids/teenage players, they're the most at risk I think.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard

Fear the KDF!
Rihannsu
# 90
05-18-2013, 03:19 AM
I really do think, as others have suggested, that because just about all of the gold farmer spam emails reference the same website (egpal.com), there should be something that the Cryptic team could do to target people advertising for that particular site. Failing this, perhaps some general limit on mail sent to too many people outside one's friends list over too short a time could help limit the spam? I am sure that the spammers get banned eventually, but that clearly is not solving the problem--only limiting the damage.

Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
Founding member, Special Service Squadron
"Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher