Captain
# 81
04-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Please can someone point me in the general direction of a Energy Siphon build?

Its time to play.
Starfleet Veteran
# 82
04-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Drains have one weapon. The Yellowstone has how many? I loose count.
Yeah...one weapon and no countermeasures...
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Captain
# 83
04-22-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm mainly a fed but I hate the danoobes and yellowpee shuttlets as much as any decent klingon.
Captain
# 84
04-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwrathforever View Post
Yeah...one weapon and no countermeasures...
AW come ON now, I KNOW you use Insulators, Starwrath, not to mention that when you're teamed with certain Sci captains, you always have someone nearby willing to toss out a grav-well (clears those drone pets right up), not to mention PSW, warp plasma, etc. that also tend to hold/burn/crush little bitty pets like that.

Just like when I'm on MY sci, and up against Danoob/Jellowstone users, I use MY CC abilities (plus a certain Bridge officer Engineer ability) to do the same thing for MY teammates.

admittedly, I'm not willing to part with the $$$ to get the siphon drone hangar pets or the ship they come on... in spite of being a carrier user on my sci side.

but that's all aside to the simple principle of things. PvP is a Team sport, not an individual event-when someone is running a carrier, if they're NOT using the sci seating to support their team in addition to using the pets to support their team, they're not getting the idea clear as to what their role in the game actually is.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

Look into Vanilla PvP if you're tired of the endless pursuit of grind, utterly unbalanced selections of geardo-inspired traits, and generally unbalanced and careless 'development' made mostly to turn this game into a second job.
Starfleet Veteran
# 85
04-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Ehi evul...you've played too long with the bad guys!
Come back to the good guys!

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Empire Veteran
# 86
04-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Well...dear KDF Minister of Propaganda , I don't think these builds are comparable or equivalent.
Evasive Maneuvers, Engine Battery, Attack Pattern Omega, Polarized Hull...they are very effective against an hold build, especially if added together.
But when for example your weapon energy is reduced to zero, if you don't have a Weapon Battery...then you're ****ed!
Nah, it will a Tit for Tat level of balance and antipet builds will.be needed by both sides to compensate.
The counters exist to overcome both but alone player will.still be toast without teamwork.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Starfleet Veteran
# 87
04-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Ehhh...nah, nah! As I said to the evul Patrickngo...you need to come back to the good guys Roach!
Adm. Quinn is awaiting you...

Captain
# 88
04-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Ehhh...nah, nah! As I said to the evul Patrickngo...you need to come back to the good guys Roach!
Adm. Quinn is awaiting you...
Ah yes... starfleet. Now there's a fond memory.

Adm. Quinn was kind enough to post me your application interview - Cadet starwrathy.

Needless to say he vouched for you, despite your difficulties at mastering the captains chair!

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 04-22-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 89
04-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Wow evul! How did you get it? It's a cosmic level of secrecy!
"He's now polishing his beloved high crits AP cannons with a weird light in his eyes and a bad grimace on his face"

Captain
# 90
04-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Wow evul! How did you get it? It's a cosmic level of secrecy!
"He's now polishing his beloved high crits AP cannons with a weird light in his eyes and a bad grimace on his face"
All fair in love and war bro.