Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 31
04-15-2013, 08:00 PM
No doubt he says that because it's been 2409 forever, like we're stuck in that endless time loop.
Captain
# 32
04-15-2013, 09:56 PM
They're for a rather weak, extremely rare ship that hardly anyone uses. Ooooooooh Nooooooooooooo.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Empire Veteran
# 33
04-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erocker View Post
Ponies are dramagic.

I had no idea they snuck elite jem hadar fighters in there... Dammit.
Two things...

1: A Cat With a Pipe and Monocole.... way cute.. so cute I ate that cat with my crew (lol)

2: Lets put it this way... I am happy for all this stuff but I see much copy and pastes for KDF as well as the last things that make KDF KDF going away... but I am happy we are now getting attention
"Don't Say A Word" About The Empire!
It DOES Need Attention
We Don't Whine, We Bring Up Issues On A Firm Stand

Starfleet Veteran
# 34
04-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wifflecondom View Post
Why do you say that? DS9 ran from 1993-1999 and was set in 2369-2375... So, there's no direct analogue.

Edit: Or maybe you just meant it's strange that the year hasn't ticked up since the game was released? Apologies if I misread.
He means that the year hasn't ticked up. The in-character dev blogs have given some clear progression of events, but they imply that it's been weeks or months and not the years it's been for players. DS9 ran 6 years and the setting progressed 6 years. STO's ran 3 years and the setting has progressed maybe six months.
Career Officer
# 35
04-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
He means that the year hasn't ticked up. The in-character dev blogs have given some clear progression of events, but they imply that it's been weeks or months and not the years it's been for players. DS9 ran 6 years and the setting progressed 6 years. STO's ran 3 years and the setting has progressed maybe six months.
MMOs rarely (and sometimes never) really advance from their starting timeframe. That's often something you (as a player) need to decide for yourself as to how fast or how much time passes. yes, the game itself has been running for 3 years; but a new player (who may have just discovered the game) doesn't really care about that - and advancing the time in game takes a fair amount of work in redoing text on already finished content, etc.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
04-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
MMOs rarely (and sometimes never) really advance from their starting timeframe. That's often something you (as a player) need to decide for yourself as to how fast or how much time passes. yes, the game itself has been running for 3 years; but a new player (who may have just discovered the game) doesn't really care about that - and advancing the time in game takes a fair amount of work in redoing text on already finished content, etc.
It doesn't take any of that. All it takes is indicated order of events, even its uninforced (STOs is weakly enforced thanks to the skip button). A game can depict both past and current events by offering them sequentially with the latest in sequence being designated as current.

Most MMOs do advance their starting timeframe in that way - every major update in WoW, for example, has advanced the story. With it the big bad of the previous content is considered canonically defeated and the new big bad is the greatest threat to the world. Different games vary on how much of the "past" players have to go through to get to the present, but the past doesn't have to be changed, since it's still the present to any player at that point in the story.
Rihannsu
# 37
04-16-2013, 02:17 PM
personally, I don't think it'll make that much of a difference, KDF NPCs already have Battlecloaks and I hardly ever see the AI use it, how will some weak pets having this power they never use make any difference?
Captain
# 38
04-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Considering Stalkers can only be launched from an Atrox.. /shrug

It's the Yellowstones that really catch my eye. I'm hoping the Orion Interceptors got something nice to keep some kind of pace with them.
Empire Veteran
# 39
04-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Meh. A pet npc even with a BC seems trivial to me to argue on.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Empire Veteran
# 40
04-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szerontzur View Post
Considering Stalkers can only be launched from an Atrox.. /shrug

It's the Yellowstones that really catch my eye. I'm hoping the Orion Interceptors got something nice to keep some kind of pace with them.
Is the yellowstone the TB3/EWP pet?
I honestedly have not looked at the new pets yet.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP