Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Jason's workaround will work - heard a couple of other ppl have bitten the bullet and it seems to work

My problem is i DL'd via steam - so i dont have all the files on my hard drive, so my gut reaction is anyone who DL'd via steam that has this problem will have to do a complete uninstall (inc app data and roaming files) DL the client from elsewhere to ensure they have all the files so they can be deleted and repatched if necessary...

Trying desperately hard NOT to have to do that though :/

Glad (relieved to be more accurate) to hear the "symptoms" are repeatable though

Anyone else getting this? Dont suppose you can list your OS, Graphics card and where you got the client from could you?

Grphx: Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTS
DL: Via "Steam"
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Mods any chance we can "merge" this thread with the other one?

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=56898
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Guys,

i downloaded 3 days ago and havent been able to even RUN it due to this crappy fatal compression error.

is anyone else getting his problem at the same stage as i am? i.e. cant even load the game?

also, i raised a ticked on this 3 days ago and cryptic havent been bothered to get back to me. - anyone else having support problems?

i am so Peed off with this............
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-18-2010, 01:58 AM
I have this problem in this game as well as Champions and the only thing I've been able to do to mitigate it is start deleting hogg files and re-running the patcher and re-trying untill i've finally got the one that was the cause.

It seems to be less now in CO since they put the patch out that had to do with items in inventory (objects.hogg, maybe?)
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-18-2010, 04:18 AM
I cannot believe that we havent even had the courtesy of a "yeah, we're looking at this" from the devs.

Ive scanned the dev posts for the last 5 days and nothing.

There is a workaround UNLESS you have the misfortune to have pre-ordered with Steam, in which case the workaround doesnt work.

Very disappointed with the lack of response to a subject that is

1) Gamebreaking (and trust me the inability to test play anything that involves ANY ground instance whether grouped or solo is a gamebreaker - thats approx 40% of the content gone)
2) Been around for almost a whole week.

I want to like the game - Im aware that its still OB - but ive beta'd many games and am still in beta for some games that are actually live and in ongoing patches and improvements there, so im not disappointed that there are problems.

I am wildly underwhelmed by the reponse to this - esp when you see devs posting on minor things like preorder bonuses and later game content that isnt even being tested yet