Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
# 11
04-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Yes I know about the alliances and all, but even with that, they need to have their own Veteran and Timeships. At least. I mean, Romulan, KDF, and Federation Timecops battling it out? Now that's a temporal war!!!
Is Timeships your battle for the week? Last week it was how Roms weren't Roms and this week it's how Time and Vet ships won't work unless they're Romulan?
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
04-14-2013, 08:50 PM
There is only one reason why this fraction is being made, to make more money from selling ships etc.

I hope that we get Romulan versions of all the vet rewards as well, but I am not holding my breath on it

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) - I only play one char now, such is the state of the game..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Captain
# 13
04-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Is Timeships your battle for the week? Last week it was how Roms weren't Roms and this week it's how Time and Vet ships won't work unless they're Romulan?
Roms still aren't Roms, what are you talking about?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Commander
# 14
04-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiat007 View Post
Dream on. Goodies like the veteran ships, time ships, ships for "Temporal Ambassador" mission are reserved for full factions only.
That's funny, because KDF gets all those and a great many people would agree they aren't currently a full faction and haven't been from day 1.
Captain
# 15
04-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talien View Post
That's funny, because KDF gets all those and a great many people would agree they aren't currently a full faction and haven't been from day 1.
And yet everything about the Romulan faction we know so far indicates they have even less content.
Rihannsu
# 16
04-14-2013, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talien View Post
They're close enough now. Truth is Feds aren't "complete" either....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 17
04-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
They're close enough now. Truth is Feds aren't "complete" either....
"Completeness" isn't the point of an MMO. They're never "Complete". What we want is a full experience. That isn't what we're getting.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Commander
# 18
04-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Quote:
"Completeness" isn't the point of an MMO. They're never "Complete". What we want is a full experience. That isn't what we're getting.
I'm going to ignore for the moment that "what we're getting" is not something that should be used at all when talking about content that isn't here right now.

Instead I'm just going to point out that the term "full experience" made me laugh at its semantic impossibility.
Commander
# 19
04-14-2013, 11:26 PM
As for Romulan Time ships, they will probably get added the next time the developers roll out a Temporal Lockbox promotion, there should be enough demand for them. But if I'm wrong, a lockbox goody though is by no means required.

The 1K ship is a bit trickier. The point of the 1K ship is to encourage lifetime subscriptions. Sure, we can talk about 'encouraging player loyalty' and 'rewarding dedication' all we want, but the second they gave new lifers access to every veteran reward, the lifetime sub became a 300 dollar in-game benefits package with the 1K ship being the cherry on the top.

If the Romulan Faction brings in a significant number of new players, even a bump of 2 or 3 percent, then I could see a 1K ship happening. If not, then I'd say no. But take heart OP, in the Dev Blogs they described the Mogai as a "destroyer-like" ship. My hope if is that a Z-Store version of the Mogai will be available with destroyer stats and a universal LtC slot.
Career Officer
# 20
04-14-2013, 11:31 PM
Quote:
If not, that seems like a horribly missed opportunity.
Dude, if it can't be copypasta'd, sadly it ain't happening.