Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
# 21
04-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
i don't care when, but Romulans should get their own vet rewards sooner or later.

the 1000 day ship - i could settle for the KDF/FED faction versions with an unique material.
I disagree, if they were a real, full faction then yeah. But since they're just a mini faction that will use their ally's ships anyway I fail to see the point. I'd rather they spend those resources making new futuristic armor bikinis, and failing that I'd take just about anything else.

But I guess it will really come down to metrics, how many new LTS do they think they can sell vs. the cost of making ROm vet rewards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
04-14-2013, 10:52 PM
The Reman Scimitar should be the vet ship, it transforms just like the Starfleet and KDF vessels.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Career Officer
# 23
04-15-2013, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
If not, that seems like a horribly missed opportunity.
Vet Rewards are not related to the faction that is played. It's the time you spent as player account to the game.
Career Officer
# 24
04-15-2013, 03:26 AM
Y'know what'd make an awesome vet reward for Romulans? A fancy version of those harness things they wore. They could do it like the KDF's pad/cape combo - design it as one piece and sort of build it up over two or three vet reward milestones. So like, at 200 days, you get the one belt and shoulder piece in silver. At 400 days you get the second set of shoulder straps, and at 800 you get fancy decoration for it on top of a gold metallic color.

It's perfect. They can design it from its inception as one layered but contiguous piece, then kinda chop it up and dole it out over time. Save them some work and whatnot.
Commander
# 25
04-15-2013, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
The Reman Scimitar should be the vet ship, it transforms just like the Starfleet and KDF vessels.
I would rather this be a c-store ship, i dont want to wait 300 more days to get my Schimtar
Empire Veteran
# 26 Romulan Veteran Ship 1000day
04-16-2013, 05:21 PM
ok we all know that cryptic most likely are to cheap to make a veteran ship for our romulan faction.

but how about we compromise ?

make a Romulan veteran ship D'deridex class warbird Retrofit for us to have at vice admiral?
you allready have the models and stuff ingame and well its the iconic romulan ship of all times.

fits the bill perfectly for VETERANS!!!
please cryptic dont be cheap give us at least this little bonus yes ?

all i want incase you make a romulan faction is a D'deridex class warbird at vice admiral that I DO NOT NEED A BLOODY FLEET TO GET that is comparable to other vice admiral chimera and pyngh thingy veteran ships.

im a solo player so at least give me this.
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Captain
# 27
04-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrahamjohnson83 View Post
Vet Rewards are not related to the faction that is played. It's the time you spent as player account to the game.
I.... know that.....? What are you saying?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 28
04-16-2013, 05:24 PM
You can always just pay to visit a Fleet to buy a Fleet version of the ship. The Big D is probably only going to be a T3 Fleet Store ship. Most T3 bases give access cheap - if not free.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Republic Veteran
# 29
04-16-2013, 05:27 PM
Such cheapskates making a free expansions, they are evil.

Empire Veteran
# 30
04-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Vice Admiral??

Anyway as a thousand day ship for veterans of the semi-faction why not something scimitaur-ish for the nearly three year of playing?
Have the counter start at the creation of the accounts first romulan character to ensure gameplay and not just give something away will nilly.
Would that be worth it?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.