Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Commander
As somebody originally from Korea, part of what makes Star Trek beautiful to me that it is a vision of the future where all humanity is unified and beautiful Korea is finally whole again. It makes me sad to look down from space and see the ugly reminder of the 21st century where oppressed North Korea is too poor to light their streets at night.

I know that STO just used a lightmap of the real world when making the texture for the Earth in the game. And I know this is just a little thing. But it would mean a lot to me if somebody on the art team could take a little time to bring the dream of a better world a little bit closer.

Survivor of Romulus
# 2
04-14-2013, 04:20 PM
North Korea: Online

Starfleet: O.o
Klingons: >.<
Romulans: ???

That said it is daytime.. maybe the sun is all they need.
Captain
# 3
04-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Maybe the Northern half was wiped out in World War 3 and left as an uninhabited memorial to mark the loss of all the innocent lives destroyed during that tumultuous time.

As an aside, do the two of you dueling with signatures?
If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
04-15-2013, 10:43 AM
Love the sentiment and idea behind this, would be a nice minor change to the game :-)

My views are my own and may not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 5
04-15-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm guessing an Earth update would be done at the same time as the Sol Star (Taco style). Unfortunately, I don't see how it could get on the schedule.

If I remember correctly, some other suggestions for Earth included the addition of subcontinent in the Atlantic Ocean to signify the Atlantis Project that Picard was asked to head up.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 6
04-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
If I remember correctly, some other suggestions for Earth included the addition of subcontinent in the Atlantic Ocean to signify the Atlantis Project that Picard was asked to head up.
That would be a really neat nod towards canon.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk