Commander
I know that some of you lifers would be mad about this but let me explain why it would be fair.

Gold members have to pay around 15.00 a month, and if you are a gold member that adds up over time. I have been playing STO for a long time now and im pretty sure i paid more than 300 dollars by now. More than a life sub cost.

I was thinking that the long term gold members(people playing for at least 21 months, and have been gold members for that long) should get some unique rewards of their own.

1. A unique ship. I know they will eventually get this but lifers get it immediately(chimera). I was thinking one as good as lifers with a unique console. They can choose the Chimera or the other unique ship. They cannot have both. I can do with or without this.

2. A unique weapon. IDK like a advanced phaser spiral lance, that can go on any cruiser, a cool ground weapon, idk. Suggestions?

3. Finally, a unique forum and in game title. Like "loyal officer", Fleet admiral, etc.

Im suggesting this because i cannot pay 300 dollars all at once, i have to spread my money out. Im sure there are still gold members out there too that may want this kind of stuff.

If this is going to happen, at least include a unique ground weapon and title.

*by the way if this feels to you this is more rewards than a life sub. Keep in mind getting gold member privileges and not having to pay for them any longer is its own reward.

Thanks for reading.
Republic Veteran
# 2
04-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Perhaps you should go f2p and save up $200 for when the next sale comes up, might be one when the expansion comes out.
Empire Veteran
# 3
04-14-2013, 09:29 PM
A ship is a bit extreme but the title and ground weapons I can't see anyone reasonable having a problem with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Perhaps you should go f2p and save up $200 for when the next sale comes up, might be one when the expansion comes out.
That would be the best choice imo. They currently have a Zen and Lockbox Key sale, won't be long till a lifetime sale again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Empire Veteran
# 4
04-15-2013, 01:12 AM
Imho both lifetime and gold members shoul have more benefits... not ships or items but contents: dedicated sectors to access special missions against undines, borg or tholians... a improved sto gateway to access doff's assignments, account, character and fleet bank and finally access to the exchange and dilithium exchange.

As a gold member what I'd like is upgrading to lifetime paying a very low special price... all in all every new ship/item is always a z-store ship/item and after 2-3 years I paid (much) more than a lifetime member. To be onest a 3 years old recurring subscription should be upgraded to lifetime for free.
Rihannsu
# 5
04-15-2013, 02:38 AM
i'Ve been gold for 940 days, then F2P, now LFT

you already GET the 100 day, 200 day... etc rewards for being gold.

you are getting more if you go LFT.

now, if you do not have 200 dollars to give away at once, you can save month for month till you have it and buy a LFT and never worry again.

i agree that giving all LFT the 1000 day veteran status was not a wise step on Cryptics side though.

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Rihannsu
# 6
04-15-2013, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurialo View Post
Imho both lifetime and gold members shoul have more benefits... not ships or items but contents: dedicated sectors to access special missions against undines, borg or tholians... a improved sto gateway to access doff's assignments, account, character and fleet bank and finally access to the exchange and dilithium exchange.

As a gold member what I'd like is upgrading to lifetime paying a very low special price... all in all every new ship/item is always a z-store ship/item and after 2-3 years I paid (much) more than a lifetime member. To be onest a 3 years old recurring subscription should be upgraded to lifetime for free.
i can only agree with the yellow part.
this is a F2P game, they are not really making money on subs.

Notice you can still pay per Credit Card directly when buying LFT or going gold, but you cannot buy Zen that way. It would appear that PWE is not really interested in LFT or sub money so they are leaving that one for Cryptic to manage.

Also, how many gold/lft people are there? imho the dev resources are better used by creating content for ALL of us.

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Empire Veteran
# 7
04-15-2013, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
i can only agree with the yellow part.
this is a F2P game, they are not really making money on subs.
I know this is a f2p game, but this doesn't mean that a gold member or a lifetime member have enough for their money. Acutually I am a gold member only because I accepted a special offer, so I pay about 10 euro/month (and 5 of them came back to me as zen points).
Sometime I think about becoming a lifetime member but what stop me is the lack of new contents... space stfs are actually obsolete, too easy and too repetitive (only the hive is a bit more difficult, but just a bit), pvp is obscene and I do not know how many months I will play THIS sto.

Quote:
Notice you can still pay per Credit Card directly when buying LFT or going gold, but you cannot buy Zen that way. It would appear that PWE is not really interested in LFT or sub money so they are leaving that one for Cryptic to manage.

Also, how many gold/lft people are there? imho the dev resources are better used by creating content for ALL of us.
You can pay your subscription by credit card and still use it to buy zen... And I think that you can have a f2p game with some reserved content (not items or ships, but missions) for gold/lifetime member.
Career Officer
# 8
04-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek1234567 View Post
I was thinking that the long term gold members(people playing for at least 21 months...
If you've subscribed for that long you deserve pity. At month 21, you've paid more than a full-priced Lifetime. You should have just sucked it up and bought Lifetime along time ago.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Ensign
in a week play i have like 30 dominion boxes.....so that is like 3500 zen ......that stipend for LFT subscribers doesnt even cover the cost of buying lock keys........ and 3500 zen is a lot of dilithium to exchange

also the life membership says something about 2 extra bridge officer slots....does it mean i can have 2 extra in every ship?
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
04-16-2013, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyllan2 View Post
in a week play i have like 30 dominion boxes.....so that is like 3500 zen ......that stipend for LFT subscribers doesnt even cover the cost of buying lock keys........ and 3500 zen is a lot of dilithium to exchange

also the life membership says something about 2 extra bridge officer slots....does it mean i can have 2 extra in every ship?
you dont have to open every box

as for the 2 extra BO slots...its just that....you get 2 additional BO slots added to your active roster, not to any ships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p