Career Officer
# 1 On Hangar Pets
04-14-2013, 05:53 PM
Dear Cryptic,

Please invest some time and effort into finding a way to disable hangar pets on PvP maps. The stats on Elite Fleet Hangar Pets have only been out for a short time and already PvP is complaining about the unbalancing the game, and if the calls for nerfs haven't started yet they will shortly.

And they will not stop until there's really no reason to bother with obtaining the Elite Fleet Hangar Pets because the difference between them and the Dilithium versions is negligible if it's even noticeable without the use of some mumbo-jumbo combat logger.

I recognize that there's probably some very valid balance concerns involved, but as someone who is PvE player first and foremost I'm to the point that any time a PvP player opens his or her mouth about some issue I hear "Stop Having Fun Guys!" instead of a well reasoned argument for why something needs to be addressed...because it's only a problem in a portion of the game I don't play and often has a major effect on the part that I do play. Usually a negative one.

So for once can we try to avoid that?

And yes, I'm aware that carriers will effectively be shut out of PvP, but you know what? Don't care.
Career Officer
# 2
04-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Hmmm....I'm sure they'll get right on that.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
04-14-2013, 05:57 PM
pvp complains about ANYTHING that seems OP....even pet spam

they will cry nerf when they are seen in action

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Empire Veteran
# 4
04-14-2013, 05:57 PM
It would be nice to not have to worry about PVP nerfing everything else in-game. My only problem is that anyone with a carrier will now lose a core part of their ship. That would give anything non-carrier even more of an advantage over it.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891