Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 392
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...uildtac1kfir_0

Emphasis is highest DPS with best survivability.

On my older Tac, I've had great success with this, after finishing it.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 381
# 2
04-15-2013, 02:41 PM
IDK how you can claim "survivability" with just the 1 Mono.

My Klink Tac looks a little like this:
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...smaingrinder_0
I do NOT want to use ARC to play STO

"Far as I see it, you people been given the shortest end of the stick ever been offered a human soul in this crap-heel 'verse. But you took that end, and you - well, you took it. And that's - Well, I guess that's somethin'." - Some Random Guy's Epic Quote
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 392
# 3
04-15-2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
IDK how you can claim "survivability" with just the 1 Mono.

My Klink Tac looks a little like this:
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...smaingrinder_0
It's enough to take most of the bite out.

What abilities did you focus your skill points into?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,175
# 4
04-15-2013, 07:09 PM
OK, but I take it you're displaying the wrong console? In your link, you've fitted 4 Plasma Projectile consoles, not plasma energy.

Also, why do you have 3 Tactical Team abilities? Added to the Engineering Team, the global cooldown will ensure that at least one of them will go unused.

Finally, if you are leaving the third Ens Tactical slot empty, you may want to pick up a Mirror Raptor instead, which replaces that with a more useful Ens Engineering slot.
PvP-ready toons: Ishmael - Betazoid Sci - Vesta - U.S.S. Yukikaze - The unsinkable destroyer - T'Scurr - Romulan Tac - Mogai - I.R.W. Archer - Countervape overwatch - Ffairl - Romulan Sci - T'Varo - R.R.W. Yuudachi - The nightmare of Solomon

Take it easy!
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 392
# 5
04-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
OK, but I take it you're displaying the wrong console? In your link, you've fitted 4 Plasma Projectile consoles, not plasma energy.

Also, why do you have 3 Tactical Team abilities? Added to the Engineering Team, the global cooldown will ensure that at least one of them will go unused.

Finally, if you are leaving the third Ens Tactical slot empty, you may want to pick up a Mirror Raptor instead, which replaces that with a more useful Ens Engineering slot.
didn't realize I put the wrong plasma on the tac slots... Nor did I realize I left the tac open.

As far as tac team, that's all that can really be used at an ens level worth using with a Cannon build. Fleet Qin over Mirror for higher HP, and console slot.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,251
# 6
04-15-2013, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovide View Post
didn't realize I put the wrong plasma on the tac slots... Nor did I realize I left the tac open.

As far as tac team, that's all that can really be used at an ens level worth using with a Cannon build. Fleet Qin over Mirror for higher HP, and console slot.
Which is why I would personally swap the tactical team II out for something else. I don't run a Raptor but for my standard Escort build (which I could adjust for a Raptor) I run the following tactical powers:

Commander Tact: Tactical Team 1, Cannon Rapid Fire 1, Cannon Rapid Fire II and Attack Pattern Omega III

Lieutenant Commander Tact: Tactical Team 1, Cannon Rapid Fire 1, Attack Pattern Omega 1

An alternative for Engineering team which shares a cool down with tactical team is Hazard Emitters.

I would set up the other Raptor stations to run the following:

Engineering Lieutenant: Emergency Power to Shields 1, Reverse Polarity to Shields 1 (or Emergency Power to Shields 2)

Science Lieutenant: Transfer Shield Strength 1 (Or Hazard Team 1) and Hazard Team 2

As for the Ensign Tactical, a Torpedo spread is good for clearing out those pesky pets.

I don't normally suggest builds but this build and similar ones have worked extremely well for me in the present.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,001
# 7
04-16-2013, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
Commander Tact: Tactical Team 1, Cannon Rapid Fire 1, Cannon Rapid Fire II and Attack Pattern Omega III

Lieutenant Commander Tact: Tactical Team 1, Cannon Rapid Fire 1, Attack Pattern Omega 1

An alternative for Engineering team which shares a cool down with tactical team is Hazard Emitters.

I would set up the other Raptor stations to run the following:

Engineering Lieutenant: Emergency Power to Shields 1, Reverse Polarity to Shields 1 (or Emergency Power to Shields 2)

Science Lieutenant: Transfer Shield Strength 1 (Or Hazard Team 1) and Hazard Team 2

As for the Ensign Tactical, a Torpedo spread is good for clearing out those pesky pets.
^this. Maybe with the second CRF1 replaced with another torp skill, b/c of shared cooldown.

Then, remove most of the uni consoles and slot 3 neutronium alloys.

I often run mine with Polarise Hull 1 instead of TSS1, for added tractor immunity & kinetic resistance.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 843
# 8
04-16-2013, 01:47 AM
Slotting 3 neutronium would give massive demonising returns your better off slotting one and one monotanium tht way you maximise your heals and resistance boosts trust me try it

If you doing PVE you want to slot beta instead of omega
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,001
# 9
04-16-2013, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
Slotting 3 neutronium would give massive demonising returns your better off slotting one and one monotanium tht way you maximise your heals and resistance boosts trust me try it
That's the thing, I have tried it.

These were my results:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...51&postcount=8

So unless this massive diminishing doesn't show up in the displayed stats, it's really very minor. When regularly facing different enemies, the balance between the very few percentage-points of difference and the convenience factor was decided in favour of the last, for me.

I may be wrong here, and please, please point out any stuff I'm missing - I'm definitely not trying to be a nuisance here -, but I just don't see much evidence for these diminishing returns on armor consoles, in my tests...
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,251
# 10
04-16-2013, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twam View Post
^this. Maybe with the second CRF1 replaced with another torp skill, b/c of shared cooldown.

Then, remove most of the uni consoles and slot 3 neutronium alloys.

I often run mine with Polarise Hull 1 instead of TSS1, for added tractor immunity & kinetic resistance.
They do share a cooldown but with three I can run rapid fire almost non-stop. As while running one of the rapid fire I the other one has a half cool down so when that cool's down I can run it and then the rapid fire II while it is cool down and then immediately after I have the other Rapid Fire I ready for use.

I don't use Polarise hull anymore on escorts etc, as Attack Pattern Omega gives you tractor beam immunity as well as the extra goodies to damage resistance and damage output boost. However if you don't have a high tactical BOFF slot (unlike the Raptor here) then Polarize hull is you're only other option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:21 PM.