Lt. Commander
Gerald Villoria from GameSpy just posted a preview of STO's PvP, and the folks at Battle Clinic posted their interview with Producer Andy Velasquez. Check them out.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-14-2010, 11:51 AM
I have to agree with the gamespy dude that the Klingon side is very undeveloped along with the ground combat that needs to be more fluid in motions and actions and easier to assign tasks to members of the away team.

I haven't had much play time on the klingon PvP side of things but, I think an open-world PvP area needs to be explored ...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cramoisi
I have to agree with the gamespy dude that the Klingon side is very undeveloped along with the ground combat that needs to be more fluid in motions and actions and easier to assign tasks to members of the away team.

I haven't had much play time on the klingon PvP side of things but, I think an open-world PvP area needs to be explored ...
I think world PVP needs to be seriously considered. Even raiding star bases and things like that. It could make the game incredibly fun.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Yepp, exactly my thoughts. Space battle is fun, the thing that's lacking is long time motivation. Contested areas would help.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-14-2010, 12:45 PM
now cryptic won't even tell us what patch their doing and we didn't get any kind of notification that the servers are coming down. all i'm saying is a little information would be nice
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-14-2010, 01:12 PM
I would agree with that. Perhaps add more sectors that were neutral for Klingon/Federation and have lore tell that the Federation is trying to protect the inhabitants of the worlds there and the Klingons attacking there because of the resources available. Would be quite canon in terms of why those two would do it. Make it dynamic too, so you got something like the size of the Neutral Zone that is contested, and every 6 hours the server checks the database on the number of wins. If there was a side that had a significant number more wins then the other side (like 10% more on a number of 1,000 fights, meaning around 525 fights won out of the 1,000) then the winning side gains the sector. The contesting zone should be wide though, with 2 or 3 unclaimed sectors between...
I could go on longer, but you get the idea.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-14-2010, 01:30 PM
The one thing that made World of ******** such a big deal is the fact that you can do world PvP and raids on other towns and cities, and all races start out doing quests in there own starting area. I know when I first found out about this game I was not going to play federation as my main toon, but the way it is set up I have to if I want to quest. I like the way WoW did there PvE and PvP set up and I thought that was the base line for all MMO's to date. I have not been playing this game for very long so who knows what way they will take things but I know I would love world PvP in my Bird of Pray as a Klingon captain. Blizzard must be doing something right I played the closed beta for WoW and just stopped playing last month for this game, 11 million players world wide can't be wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Yes, that may be right cracker but, we don't want to replicate WoW here ... just need to add some twists and i'm sure the people at cryptic will devise a way to continue to make the game exciting throughout the ranks.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Ciao.
Ho bisogno di un aiuto. L'ultima volta che ho viaggiato in Europa, i hav'nt ottenuto il sedile che ho preferito.Nei prossimi mesi ho dovuto viaggiare di nuovo in modo potrebbe alcuno qui per favore mi suggeriscono come ottenere verificare on-line fatto facilmente?

Check in online
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidCity View Post
Yepp, exactly my thoughts. Space battle is fun, the thing that's lacking is long time motivation. Contested areas would help.
Well, I just hope we don't get another XR situation going on...the battles that went on for days, etc. Sometimes, it's fun, but it sucks big time when you have to get up for work the next day.

Shael