Lt. Commander
# 1 Can't run
01-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Hello.

I think I need to go and buy a new videocard, as I get the failed system specs pop-up when launching the game. I've chosen the run with lower settings options, and it never actually loads the game. I've only managed to create a character, but beyond that it gets stuck, crashes to desktop, and on one or two occasions I've had to hold the power button in to turn the machine off.

I haven't bothered to update the drivers for this card, 1) cause I'm not sure how to; and 2) cause if the card is unsupported it won't work anyway. I thought I'd post my system specs here, as it also looks like the amount of RAM on my machine is a bit low.

Any help much appreciated!

http://pastebin.com/m1daff9b3
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-14-2010, 11:53 AM
***bump***
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Hmmn, 48 views, no responses....

Basically what I'm wanting to know is, if I do go out and buy a new videocard (which seems to be necessary--it would be nice if someone could confirm this as well), will the game run on my system, or are there other steps I need to take (such as boosting the memory)?

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 4 answer
01-14-2010, 06:39 PM
You meet the minimums in everything except your video card. That S3 chip is very outdated.

Look at your power supply as you need to know how big is is before buying a vid card. Most systems of your specs came with 300W or 350W power supplies. Assuming this is the case you should look at ATI graphic cards as most of the nvidia cards will require far more power than you have available.

Your memory is also right on the low end, but meets specs.

Good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the reply, seydlitz, and for the advice about power supplies. I never would have thought about that.