Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Science Space Trait.
04-15-2013, 02:34 PM
Seems to me like the enginears lack luster trait is getting more attention then the Science one.

Any chance we could get a trait for scattering field, sub nuke or sensor scan insted of photonic fleet? Or maybe somthing to help us with the lengthy cool downs on most science skills?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
04-15-2013, 03:35 PM
This particular trait has to enhance Photonic Fleet, to stay consistent with the Engineering trait enhancing Miracle Worker and the Tactical trait enhancing Go Down Fighting. It is definitely on my radar to make it more worthwhile, however.
Captain
# 3
04-15-2013, 03:49 PM
gotta put my 2 ECs in here.

We need a trait to boost the effectiveness of Control Powers like Gravity Well. It is so horrible right now, GW3 is little more than a DoT since the -.51 Repel is trash to 95% of ships right now.
Empire Veteran
# 4
04-15-2013, 04:13 PM
ya, a trait to buff the non damage portion of sci captains is needs. things like holds, drains, stuns and sensor interference. the damage is mostly irreverent for a sci, its the ability to control so others can damage beter that make a sci impotent.

maybe a trait that buffes the amount of skill points you actually get by x1.1 for each point through 9 you put into the sci skills. sci captains using sci skills best makes sense. with the resistance skills working so well and being so available to everyone, a sci using powerful sci skills needs to be more effective.

so instead of 1 point giving 18 skill points into something like gravaton gens, it would give 19.8. instead of 54 skill points putting 3 into it, you would have 59.4. 1.1 actually sounds really modest, maybe x1.3 would be better

sci captains, especially in vestas, already can make an army of phaser spamming pets, they dont need to be making even more. that just makes a map more unbearable, rather then making the sci better.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 04-15-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Rihannsu
# 5
04-15-2013, 04:47 PM
so buff the photonic fleet so it last 1 more sec in combat and has another 2 min cd. it is one of the most worthless sci powers only good is to spam the map with pets in pvp. in anything else they either attack the wrong things or die in 3 seconds.
Ensign
# 6
04-15-2013, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
This particular trait has to enhance Photonic Fleet, to stay consistent with the Engineering trait enhancing Miracle Worker and the Tactical trait enhancing Go Down Fighting. It is definitely on my radar to make it more worthwhile, however.

And you really belive that Photonic Fleet is "balance" with Miracle Worker or Go Down Fighting?

If you belive that, then we are in a big problems.

Last edited by eltatus; 04-15-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
gotta put my 2 ECs in here.

We need a trait to boost the effectiveness of Control Powers like Gravity Well. It is so horrible right now, GW3 is little more than a DoT since the -.51 Repel is trash to 95% of ships right now.
Are you talking PvP or PvE? My GW3 does wonders at turning PvE ships into a swirling mobile of death.
Chewson Pwan - VA
S.S. Doff Lundgren
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-15-2013, 06:31 PM
The Science Trait is easy to fix. Leave it on Photonic Fleet. Change NOTHING about the cooldowns or anything.

But up the chance to produce ships that are worthwhile. Maybe even pull DREADS. That would be enough to turn the tide in a lot of fights.
Captain
# 9
04-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltatus View Post
And you really belive that Photonic Fleet is "balance" with Miracle Worker or Go Down Fighting?

If you belive that, then we are in a big problems.
Well, it's pretty standard around here that if asked for apples they hand out oranges in return then say "see, it's a fruit, what's the problem".
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Lieutenant
# 10
04-15-2013, 06:50 PM
But Temo... we engineers NEED boosts. Although I DO agree some of the science skills need buffing... well most science vessels period need buffing too. But anything to help engies I'm for.