Starfleet Veteran
Hello everyone. I have what, I hope, is an easy question.
Can anyone give me more information on what the differences are between this gear set:
http://www.stowiki.org/Reman_Prototype_Space_Set

And this gear set:
http://www.stowiki.org/Romulan_Prototype_Space_Set

The only thing I can tell is a difference in the bonuses you get from the impulse engines. So I'm hoping someone out there can give me more information on the two sets.

Thanks everyone.
Captain
# 2
04-15-2013, 06:15 PM
The stats are slightly different for each of the items. For example, Reman shields has more Shields than the Romulan one, but less regen. However, the main difference is the look of the shields. Reman Shields gives your ship a really gaudy look while Romulan Shields has a more subtle look.

Last edited by starkaos; 04-16-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Captain
# 3
04-15-2013, 06:19 PM
The Rom gear is better in every way, not just impulse engines. As you can see the bonuses are higher for each piece. For example, the Rom Deflector gives 0.2% more Stealth, 7.4% more Intertial and Graviton, and 2.2% more subspace compiler. The Rom Shields give more capacity and Regen, and the Engines give more bonus, as you've noted.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 4
04-15-2013, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The Rom gear is better in every way, not just impulse engines. As you can see the bonuses are higher for each piece. For example, the Rom Deflector gives 0.2% more Stealth, 7.4% more Intertial and Graviton, and 2.2% more subspace compiler. The Rom Shields give more capacity and Regen, and the Engines give more bonus, as you've noted.
Slight problem with the stowiki listing. The purple Mk XII Reman set is at the very bottom of the page. So looking at it from a glance would compare a purple Mk XII Romulan set to a blue Mk XI Reman set.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
04-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Does the Prototype Plasma Projectile bonus work with the Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher?
Captain
# 6
04-16-2013, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Reman Shields gives your ship a really gaudy look while Romulan Shields has a less subtle look.
*in Mandy Patinkin's voice* "You keep saying that word, I do not think it means what you think that it means"

See "less subtle" means "even more gaudy".
Career Officer
# 7
04-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadguy View Post
Does the Prototype Plasma Projectile bonus work with the Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher?
Last time I tested it on Tribble it didn't.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
04-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Last time I tested it on Tribble it didn't.
That's a real let-down.