Lt. Commander
# 1 Vista set up
08-24-2013, 03:34 AM
At the moment i'm conflicted between the omega and the Maco space sets, i do want a full set of ether one. so i want to ask with my build what would you suggest, how would you modify the build, ect. just to let you know i will not use dhc, and the build is set more to healing and duration attack. i do not have access to a fleet store nor am i buying access to one.

Multi-Mission Surveillance Explorer

FRW - Phaser Beam array MK XI (Green) (CrtD) Phaser Beam array MK XI (Green) (CrtH) Rapid Reload transphasic torpedo MK XI

Deflector - Possitron Deflector Array MK XI (Green) (Ins)

Impulse - Combat Imoulse Engines MK XII (Blue) (Aux) (Full)

Warp Core - Field Stabilizing Warp Core Mk XI (Green) (Coil) (SSS)

Shields - Regenerative shield Array MK XI (Blue) (Cap) (Reg)

Aft - Phaser Beam array MK X (Green) (CrtD) Phaser Beam array MK XI (Green) (CrtD) Rapid Reload transphasic torpedo MK XI

Eng con - (Uni) Quantum field focus Controller RCS Accelerator MK XI (Blue) (not getting rid of, feels to sluggish other wise)

Sic con - (Uni) Sympathetic Fermion Transceiver
Emitter Array MK X (Com)
Shield Emitter Amplifier (Com)
(Uni) Wave-Funtion Analysis Module
(Uni) Point Defense System

Tact con - Transphasic Compressor Mk X (Blue)
Warhead Yield Chamber MK X (Com)
Phaser Relay MK X (Com)

Hanger - Deltaflyer (Blue)

Boff Lt cd eng - Emergency power to shields 1, boarding party 1, revers shield polarity 2

Ens Tac - fire at will 1

Lt tac - torpido spread 1, high yield 2

Lt eng - emergicy to Aux 1, Engineering team 2

Com sic - Polarize hall 1, Hazard emitters 2, Feedback Pulse 2, Gravity well 2.

I'm open to all suggestions and feed back.
Support the Pods
Fed: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=780321
RR: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post12150781
KDF: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=784941
Captain
# 2
08-24-2013, 04:03 AM
Obligatory Vista joke: I'd say don't bother and go with either Windows 7 or 8, depending on feelings on the new Metro interface.

Now, as to the Vesta, I'm only going to give a few quick pointers, as there's people with more experience with this ship, around here. There some 10k+ dps Vesta threads out there, such as this and this.

I'd really suggest dropping your kinetic tac consoles in favour of 3 Phaser Relays. They boost both the majority of your weapons AND the Quantum Phaser console thingy.

Skills, I'd go for some more effective survival skills and dropping boarding party - most enemies shrug that one off anyway.

Example:
Tactical team 1 (with Conn Officer doffs to reduce cooldown)
Torpedo Spread 1, Torpedo Spread 2
Emergency Power to Shields 1, Reverse Shield Polarity 1, Eject Warp Plasma 1/Aux Power to SIF 2
Emergency Power to Aux 1, Extend Shields 1/Aux to Inertial Dampeners 1
Polarise Hull 1, Hazard Emitters 2, Transfer Shield Strength 3, Gravity Well 2/3

I'm rather partial to Adapted MACO, but regular MACO works fine too. Heck, Omega does too, but depends on your preferences.

Edit: oh, hangar: for PvE, I'd suggest the Danube Runabouts, as they have tractor beams (very useful).
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-24-2013, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twam View Post
Obligatory Vista joke: I'd say don't bother and go with either Windows 7 or 8, depending on feelings on the new Metro interface.

Now, as to the Vesta, I'm only going to give a few quick pointers, as there's people with more experience with this ship, around here. There some 10k+ dps Vesta threads out there, such as this and this.

I'd really suggest dropping your kinetic tac consoles in favour of 3 Phaser Relays. They boost both the majority of your weapons AND the Quantum Phaser console thingy.

Skills, I'd go for some more effective survival skills and dropping boarding party - most enemies shrug that one off anyway.

Example:
Tactical team 1 (with Conn Officer doffs to reduce cooldown)
Torpedo Spread 1, Torpedo Spread 2
Emergency Power to Shields 1, Reverse Shield Polarity 1, Eject Warp Plasma 1/Aux Power to SIF 2
Emergency Power to Aux 1, Extend Shields 1/Aux to Inertial Dampeners 1
Polarise Hull 1, Hazard Emitters 2, Transfer Shield Strength 3, Gravity Well 2/3

I'm rather partial to Adapted MACO, but regular MACO works fine too. Heck, Omega does too, but depends on your preferences.

Edit: oh, hangar: for PvE, I'd suggest the Danube Runabouts, as they have tractor beams (very useful).
sorry about that, i've called it the vista since day 1, though i know it's actually the Vesta. Usually i correct myself before i post anything.

thanx for the suggestion, i might try it out. though i might stick with the fire at will, allows me to get out of tholin webs easier.
Support the Pods
Captain
# 4
08-24-2013, 05:12 AM
FaW is very useful for that, granted. Though I'd slot it in the spot of TS1, in that case - Tac team can really save your skin when under heavy fire...

You might also want to look into Tractor Beam Repulsors for the webs, btw, though you need to be kind of careful when using it in STF's - you don't want to push the probes into the portal, for instance.

If trying TBR1, I'd say drop Polarise Hull and move Hazard Emitters 2 to the ensign position (HE1).
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-24-2013, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twam View Post
You might also want to look into Tractor Beam Repulsors for the webs, btw, though you need to be kind of careful when using it in STF's - you don't want to push the probes into the portal, for instance.
If you let get probes that far, you have no business in ESTF's imho.
Captain
# 6
08-24-2013, 07:53 AM
Lol, agreed, but you don't want to push them in that general direction either.

And we both know there's plenty of people who do do it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
08-24-2013, 01:29 PM
I'd suggest upgrading your weapons and equipment a fair bit, Aside from the warp core most stuff is easy to get in Blue XI Grade relatively cheaply (100k or less)

I wouldn't bother with the tractor repulsors, Given that they only have a few practical applications (Breaking out of webs + No Win Scenario) and if used incorrectly you can irritate people. Fire at will does the job good enough i find.

Heres what i'd recommend you aim for. It's quite similar to my own, but i've changed some of the stuff around to accomodate for the fact you want to use beams instead of cannons! :

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...murphysvesta_0

Obviously, All Purple XII is going to be very expensive, so get upgrades as and when you can.

I'd recommend going with the Assimilated set (Assuming your high in omega rep) as through experience i have found it and it's set bonuses very useful and boost the ships survivability alot! The Assimilated tractor beam you get as a bonus is also mighty handy for grabbing hold of stray probes on STF's.

Also, if your not very high in your Romulan rep, and don't want to bother with it (I'd recommend you do, as the elite scorpions are just the best) pick up some Purple Peregrines, as they significantly help your DPS.

I know you didn't want fleet gear, but quite honestly the fleet warp cores are so much better than anything you can buy for EC (They come with special battery abilities, letting you shunt power to whatever subsystem whilst giving bonuses to others). Your welcome to come to my dilithium mine free of charge to pick one up.

Edit : The boff powers haven't showed up...

I'll write them up manually for you in a bit.

Edit 2 : Here you go :

Lt Commander Universal : (Tactical) Beam Overload 1, Beam FAW 2, Torp High Yeild 3 (You might need somebody to train this for you, i can't quite remember)

Ensign Universal (Engineering) : Engineering Team 1

Lieutenant Tactical : Tac Team 1, Torpedo Spread 2

Lieutenant Engineering : Emergency Power to Shields 1, Emergency Power to Weapons 2 (Or another engineering team)

Commander Science : Transfer Shield Strength 1, Hazard Emitters 2, Tykens Rift 2, Gravity Well 2 (Or 3, If you can train that skill)

I Hope this is of some use to you!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We won't go back, you don't know what its like in our Universe, the original timeline had gone, JJ Abrahms is everywhere"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
just shut up

Last edited by latiasracer; 08-24-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latiasracer View Post
I'd suggest upgrading your weapons and equipment a fair bit, Aside from the warp core most stuff is easy to get in Blue XI Grade relatively cheaply (100k or less)

I wouldn't bother with the tractor repulsors, Given that they only have a few practical applications (Breaking out of webs + No Win Scenario) and if used incorrectly you can irritate people. Fire at will does the job good enough i find.

Heres what i'd recommend you aim for. It's quite similar to my own, but i've changed some of the stuff around to accomodate for the fact you want to use beams instead of cannons! :

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...murphysvesta_0

Obviously, All Purple XII is going to be very expensive, so get upgrades as and when you can.

I'd recommend going with the Assimilated set (Assuming your high in omega rep) as through experience i have found it and it's set bonuses very useful and boost the ships survivability alot! The Assimilated tractor beam you get as a bonus is also mighty handy for grabbing hold of stray probes on STF's.

Also, if your not very high in your Romulan rep, and don't want to bother with it (I'd recommend you do, as the elite scorpions are just the best) pick up some Purple Peregrines, as they significantly help your DPS.

I know you didn't want fleet gear, but quite honestly the fleet warp cores are so much better than anything you can buy for EC (They come with special battery abilities, letting you shunt power to whatever subsystem whilst giving bonuses to others). Your welcome to come to my dilithium mine free of charge to pick one up.

Edit : The boff powers haven't showed up...

I'll write them up manually for you in a bit.

Edit 2 : Here you go :

Lt Commander Universal : (Tactical) Beam Overload 1, Beam FAW 2, Torp High Yeild 3 (You might need somebody to train this for you, i can't quite remember)

Ensign Universal (Engineering) : Engineering Team 1

Lieutenant Tactical : Tac Team 1, Torpedo Spread 2

Lieutenant Engineering : Emergency Power to Shields 1, Emergency Power to Weapons 2 (Or another engineering team)

Commander Science : Transfer Shield Strength 1, Hazard Emitters 2, Tykens Rift 2, Gravity Well 2 (Or 3, If you can train that skill)

I Hope this is of some use to you!

thanx for the advice, i've upgraded all weapons to minimum MK12 blue. and i've gone with the Mk 12 Maco, meant to get the Assimilated Maco, but picked the wrong one already before i realized it, but it should work fine. going to stick with Lt com (Uni) eng, so i can keep my revers shield polarity, saved me i don't know how many times. a little bit of more info about my toon is that he is a engineer so cant train tac or sicence ability. i'll look into getting the Purple Peregrines. i've almost gotten all the reps done, another week or two at max and they will.

how many points are the warp cores i might take you up on that.
Support the Pods
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
08-25-2013, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmurphy View Post
thanx for the advice, i've upgraded all weapons to minimum MK12 blue. and i've gone with the Mk 12 Maco, meant to get the Assimilated Maco, but picked the wrong one already before i realized it, but it should work fine. going to stick with Lt com (Uni) eng, so i can keep my revers shield polarity, saved me i don't know how many times. a little bit of more info about my toon is that he is a engineer so cant train tac or sicence ability. i'll look into getting the Purple Peregrines. i've almost gotten all the reps done, another week or two at max and they will.

how many points are the warp cores i might take you up on that.

They are 53,600 Fleet Credits and 21,600 Dilithium.

Also, when you get to the end of Nukara and Romulan Reputations you get 750 Nukara/Romulan marks along with 33,000 something dilithium, Essentially allowing you to get the elite fighter pets for free (Except expertise & commodities!)

I'm @latiasracer in-game, and i'm on most daylight hours in GMT if you want to PM me about the cores
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We won't go back, you don't know what its like in our Universe, the original timeline had gone, JJ Abrahms is everywhere"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
just shut up
Ensign
# 10
08-26-2013, 02:07 AM
So I was wondering why you went with beams on your Vesta instead of the Aux cannons? I feel like this is what makes the Vesta shine. Here is my build:LINKY

I don't do any PvP, but I get pretty decent DPS with this. GW3 is a must have for PvE. I use it on gateways, cubes and probes, but spheres tend to be too fast for it. I have spent a lot of EC on this puppy and finally feel she can solo a cube with relative ease.

My Aux level never dips below 112 and is maxed out at 130. I pop EPtA (boosts particle gens too!), then GW3 and follow that with TT1 and CRF or CSV. My cutting beam and turret are boosted by the A->W warp core and the Shied Cap can save you against those invisi-plasma torps.

The main issue I had was the hull is paper thin. I originally tried Mono in my engineering to resist kinetic, but I found that the boost from the Assimilated deflector and Engines combined with a field gen gives me more time to save myself.

Any comments, questions or criticism are welcome, but I would like to know what other Vesta owners are doing "CURRENTLY".