Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Closed Thread

Ensign
Dear Cryptic and Perfect World

I think it's really cool that we get Fleet refits of older ships. I personally find many of the older ships to be more aesthetically pleasing than the newer ones, and I love my Fleet Excelsior class. But with all the refits and re-releases, one must wonder why we still don't have the ultimate iconic federation ship. In my opinion, out've all the ships in the line, no class is cooler than The Constitution Class and Connie Refit. (The Miranda Class is a close second...darn scary looking...)

Here's what I propose. Don't just re-release The TOS Constitution Cruiser, Cruiser set, and Cruiser Refit with upgraded stats and "Unique" material. (Though you should definitely do that.) Make some new ships based on the Connie Class. None that are exactly like the little cruisers, but bigger, updated ones that have the feel of the ships we know and love.

For example, I think that
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Enterprise.jpg
would make a great "tactical" version of the beloved vessel.

Not everyone will agree with me, but I think the Abrams version of The Enterprise was beautiful, so if we could get one that looks a bit more like that, maybe as a science vessel version.
http://trekazoid.files.wordpress.com...rise_new_a.jpg

TOS version would make a nice "standard" version
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...11-d5pfo63.jpg
and the refit
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...-A_quarter.jpg
could be a retrofit of some kind.

Also, having seen Star Trek: Into Darkness and loved it, I really want a U.S.S. Vengance style Dreadnought.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._Vengeance.jpg

I think all these ships should be released as one, as opposed to the way The Odyssey class and Strategic, Reconnaissance, and Surveillance Science vessels were, that way we can mix-and-match ship parts. I think the customization of the ships is half the fun of having them. Also these ships would have to be huge as well, at least ad big as the Odyssey class. I miss old Enterprise, and nothing would fill my Trekkie heart with glee more than fling around in a re-imagined classic Enterprise with enough weapons and armor to make the Iconians nervous and a size that would make a Borg queen blink.

Please take these suggestions into consideration.
Sincerely, A Dedicated Member

(What're your thoughts on all this, STOers?)
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
06-01-2013, 06:58 PM
lol no thank you
Ensign
# 3
06-01-2013, 07:00 PM
In addition, I'd like to say I would pay OBSCENE amounts of money for Klingon outfits in the style of those seen in Into Darkness. OBSCENE amounts.
Ensign
# 4
06-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustgc View Post
In addition, I'd like to say I would pay OBSCENE amounts of money for Klingon outfits in the style of those seen in Into Darkness. OBSCENE amounts.
Those were very well done, weren't they.
Captain
# 5
06-01-2013, 07:35 PM
No. The Constitution should never be on par with the Sovereign. It would be like a steamship destroying a nuclear sub.

As far as any of Abram's Star Trek stuff goes, it is currently off limits for STO due to licensing issues. I would like to have the Vengeance in the game, but it is not going to happen.
Lieutenant
# 6
06-01-2013, 07:39 PM
I think that overall power in a ship should 8e 8ased on age, technology, and stats.
Career Officer
# 7
06-01-2013, 07:41 PM
and here we go again
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Captain
# 8
06-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlocutusofborgx View Post
and here we go again
Start your over/under pools for June. This month's number is 15 T5 Connie/NX threads.

Personally, I'm going with over.
Empire Veteran
# 9
06-01-2013, 07:47 PM
I am going to disagree here.

The Constitution is an OLD class, and has been long retired.

A redesigned ship would be a new ship class, and it's not like the federation lacks for cruisers. The Excelsior that you mentioned is a great ship. I have one with the veteran skin, and I love it.

The Constitution class should stay where it is.

The Excelsior can handle all your classic "cool ship" needs.
Lieutenant
# 10
06-01-2013, 07:50 PM
What part of "No Tier 5 Connie" do you people not understand? CBS said "NO". End of story.

One thing I'd like to see are the Wrath of Kahn uniforms having changeable ranks.
Closed Thread