Career Officer
# 1 Polarons and Flow Capacitors
01-11-2013, 04:53 AM
I have been wondering about Polaron beams, and if flow capacitors effect them. So far I have read that they do, but I have read so much misinformation that I am not certain. How would I test it myself, or verify any claims that anyone might make in this thread?

Also, if flow capacitors do effect the proc, why does the tooltip indicate -25 to all power levels? That seems like a static amount to me.

Final question: If Flow Capacitors do effect polaron procs, would they also effect the proc if it were a hybrid effect such as they are on Polarized disruptors?

Thank you for your answers.
Commander
# 2
01-11-2013, 04:56 AM
Skills do affect these procs where appropriate, I believe.

My Disruptors do -35 or so damage resistance at full aux.
Tetryon drains more shields, too, and Phasers can disable subsystems for a longer period of time given the right skill.
I'm not sure about Polaron but I'd assume they are affected.
You can tets this by looking at the weapons tooltip in space (altho probably not in sector).

He's dead, Jim.
Commander
# 3
01-11-2013, 07:04 AM
Right now on my Breen ship that I've set up to be a drainer, it has -51.7% for All current power levels for my polarons. That's pretty damn significant. I have Jem deflector on, and 3x MKXII purple flow capacitors and no shield consoles to speak of. Do have flow caps spec'd which alone brings it up to like 37 or 40%.

So, yeah, gives you a new found respect for some "useless" stuff, eh? Although the disruptor thing is the first I've heard of it, and I'm not showing a difference on my guns with aux power set to full. Mine are still a solid 10.5% damage resistance.

BTW just switching over to a tet beam to check, with x3 FC MKXII it's a -668.1 figure. Something to think about with the ole flow cap skill.

For the life of me I can't figure out anything that affects a disruptor proc. I've been checking before I hit the reply button for half a hour now...
Commander
# 4
01-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romuzarii View Post
Right now on my Breen ship that I've set up to be a drainer, it has -51.7% for All current power levels for my polarons. That's pretty damn significant. I have Jem deflector on, and 3x MKXII purple flow capacitors and no shield consoles to speak of. Do have flow caps spec'd which alone brings it up to like 37 or 40%.

So, yeah, gives you a new found respect for some "useless" stuff, eh? Although the disruptor thing is the first I've heard of it, and I'm not showing a difference on my guns with aux power set to full. Mine are still a solid 10.5% damage resistance.

BTW just switching over to a tet beam to check, with x3 FC MKXII it's a -668.1 figure. Something to think about with the ole flow cap skill.

For the life of me I can't figure out anything that affects a disruptor proc. I've been checking before I hit the reply button for half a hour now...
Hmm, you're right. I'll check ingame, maybe my memory is faulty.

#Edit:
Aux doesn't seem to affect anything in that regard and the Disruptor proc appears to only increase with ... [dmg] modifiers.

At least that's what it seems like at first look.

He's dead, Jim.

Last edited by lolimpicard; 01-11-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
01-11-2013, 08:30 AM
You need to check the tooltip in system space or it won't show the correct numbers. Beam out of ESD and look at your numbers inside Sol System.

At 200+ Flow Capacitors you double the drain amount on Polaron weapons. I suspect (I'm not 100% certain) that the math for it is:

25 drain + (Flow Capacitors * 0.125) additional drain
Career Officer
# 6
04-20-2013, 04:55 PM
with 9 points in Flow Caps polaron proc will read -45 outside ESD ect in your weapon tray.

Always check stats outside of a system or in combat and not in sector space on on the ground.