Lieutenant
# 1 Ok, the naked truth
04-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Romulans are not a real faction, we are Fed or KDF mercenaries. We can't play Romulan episodes together.

Sad, very sad .
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
04-26-2013, 08:11 PM
Why is that the sole definition of a faction?

Romulans have:

Exclusive ships
Exclusive missions
Exclusive social zone
Exclusive tutorial

everything the other 2 factions launched with, and some might say a lot more than the KDF did.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 3
04-26-2013, 08:15 PM
but we don't get are own kits fleets and not talking about starbase's we are addons to fed/kdf end of story
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.

Last edited by daan2006; 04-26-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Lieutenant
# 4
04-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Why is that the sole definition of a faction?

Romulans have:

Exclusive ships
Exclusive missions
Exclusive social zone
Exclusive tutorial

everything the other 2 factions launched with, and some might say a lot more than the KDF did.
The sole definition of a faction: players can group together, period.

Can Fed group with KDF? No, diferent faction.
Can Fed Romulans group with KDF Romulans? No, diferent faction.

It is very easy but yeah, we have exclusive ships, missions, social zone, exclusive tutorial, we are a faction!!!, good point.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
04-26-2013, 08:28 PM
Fed and KDF can team up for just about everything at endgame. Be honest, how often do you group with anyone before that?

I'm just sayin, what makes a "faction" is only black and white if you cherrypick one thing and use that as the definition. Not every game has to do factions the same way and they don't have to do every faction the same way within one game either.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic

Last edited by drogyn1701; 04-26-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
04-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Fed and KDF can team up for just about everything at endgame. Be honest, how often do you group with anyone before that?
couple of fleeties and I are just going to zerg it to 50 so we can get the reps started asap... again.
Career Officer
# 7
04-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Quote:
ppl leveling there roms for the first time might have something to say to that ppl like me planning to make roms are main and not some alt this will not be fun you see rom in space say im fed and I ask them like to join my fleet they are like sure oh they cant because they picked kdf and I picked fed and something tells me be the same for missions
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
04-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
couple of fleeties and I are just going to zerg it to 50 so we can get the reps started asap... again.
That's cool. And you guys know in advance that you'll need to each ally with the same faction so you can group. No worries there.
Career Officer
# 9
04-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandojimenez View Post
Romulans are not a real faction, we are Fed or KDF mercenaries. We can't play Romulan episodes together.

Sad, very sad .
we are all dumber for having read this
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!
Lieutenant
# 10
04-26-2013, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Do you have friends playing STO? Don't ofense but I have friends who want to play Fed Romulans, I will play KDF romulans, have you seen our problem?. We have different faction now. STO is not just end game so we have a different point of view about this game my friend.