Community Moderator
# 21
04-16-2013, 01:10 PM
Looks great! Can't wait to try it out!
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 22
04-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Please don't get me wrong here, I love the changes, but I feel we're still missing some key functionality. One example would be the addition of option and slider "locks" so that we could lock in certain options and hit randomize to effect all non-locked options. Another point of required polishing is with certain uniform presets being incorrectly colored. Seeing the late DS9/TNG Movie era uniform preset's combadge colored silver alone, and not gold+silver is the type of detail I hope will be touched up before live release.

Thanks.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 23
04-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
It would look much better if the character select was the interior view with the starship outside the window... like the character creation screen.
You may have missed my post on the previous page: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...31&postcount=9

Google image search "Star Trek Movie Posters" -- you'll see the look we are going for

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lieutenant
# 24
04-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
You may have missed my post on the previous page: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...31&postcount=9

Google image search "Star Trek Movie Posters" -- you'll see the look we are going for

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Would certainly help, if you could fix the bug on Tribble where it shows your "small craft" on the Character Selection screen, rather than your "active ship".

Needless to say, it looks pretty ridiculous with a full away team, your Captain, and a dinky little shuttle hovering above their heads. Personally, i'd vote for always showing your active starship at Character Selection. I don't need to see my shuttle before starting my gaming session.
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
04-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Please excuse me while I go change my underpants.
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Fleet Commander maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

Republic Veteran
# 26
04-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
Is there a way to choose which BOs are shown at character selection? Some people might have certain BOs as their main crew for RP purposes, but have other BOs or a mix for actual gameplay pew pew purposes.
As mentioned by others, Based on Tribble, it focuses on your away team. Whatever you have for your away team is what is on the character select screen.

If you don't have a selected away team (it is all "Security") then just your captain and ship show up. If you have one BoFF, then that Boff is visible with your captain, but no one else.

It seems to update pretty instantly on tribble (i was playing around with it) so I don't think it should be a big problem as far as RP vs gameplay. If you care about what your crew is on the log in screen then change to your RP crew before you log out (or gameplay if that is the one shown).

What I have yet to determine, is how to determine which order the Boffs have.

Like say you have 2 eng, 1 science, and 1 tactical. Have have yet figured out if there is a way to get it to where it shows in the character select screen as: Eng, Tac, Sci, Eng.
Lieutenant
# 27
04-16-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm saddened by the fact I don't want to start over with a new character but would love to remake him.

Any chance we'll be able to take our level 50 characters and completely remake them? (race as well as skills)
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
04-16-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanadanat View Post
I'm saddened by the fact I don't want to start over with a new character but would love to remake him.

Any chance we'll be able to take our level 50 characters and completely remake them? (race as well as skills)
It really takes little to no effort to level a toon from 1 to 50 in this game, even for an extremely casual player such as myself. I managed to level 2 Feds and 3 Klinks in about a 3-4 week time span. And this was before Klinks started out at lvl 24.
Fleet Commander maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

Starfleet Veteran
# 29
04-16-2013, 02:37 PM
"Character Creator 2.0"? Shouldn't it be 3.0? Since it got that revamp a few years ago.

Anyhow I wish they used Text than Species pictures.

And the Main Screen, that it could accomodate all your characters without needing to scroll.
Lieutenant
# 30
04-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin View Post
It really takes little to no effort to level a toon from 1 to 50 in this game, even for an extremely casual player such as myself. I managed to level 2 Feds and 3 Klinks in about a 3-4 week time span. And this was before Klinks started out at lvl 24.
I really don't think it's the "leveling 1 through 50" bit that puts alot of people off from rerolling new characters. It's the fact that you need to grind through 5 Tiers of Omega, 5 Tiers of New Romulus, and soon 5 Tiers of Nukara, to get fully bumped up in terms of passives, actives and available gear.

Reputation "grind" would be alot smoother for making new characters, if it were Account Based, instead of Character Based.