Career Officer
# 31
04-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Take the G-X to queues and see your 8/10 ratio drop to like 2/10. Ambushing people is much easier in Ker'Rat.
Actually did that the other day for larks, got 8 kills and 0 deaths which surprised the hell out of me. During the course of the match I got off two of the Alphas, the rest was done the old fashioned way with the BO2. I was calling the targets with my team so it made it easier to chalk up the kills. In a pug against a premade i would no doubt get hammered but then again as 15/0 is the usual score in that scenario so would the rest of my team lol.

I expect and look forward to snide remarks in and out of game. Nothing gives me more pleasure than decloaking and vaping someone who has only just finished deriding this fine ship by posting the combat log in zone chat for all to see. It's not surprising that somebody else then becomes the target of their derision, however they remain the target of the Lance LOL.
Career Officer
# 32
04-18-2013, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
With the changes going on on Tribble, a fleet galaxy X would be a waste of a purchase so I'd just hold off on pushing for it to exist until Engineering BOFF powers, and cruisers in general, get straightened out.
The only change I noticed that would affect my Alpha is GDF, but as I often don't use it anyway if the timing has gone off from a dog fight I don't see it being a big issue. 90K will kill just as easily as 110K.
Captain
# 33
04-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
The only change I noticed that would affect my Alpha is GDF, but as I often don't use it anyway if the timing has gone off from a dog fight I don't see it being a big issue. 90K will kill just as easily as 110K.
At the end of your alpha, you're still stuck flying a cruiser. Which if these changes go through, are bad news for all cruisers, even the Galaxy X. Maybe it hits the Galaxy R more, but like I said, you're still in a cruiser. And clearly the development team is sending a message that you have chose the wrong ship to pilot.

Which is cool since we're all going to be far too busy ooh-ing and aaah-ing at the Mogai in a few weeks anyways.
Ensign
# 34
04-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Fleet Gal-X will suck just like all other cruisers in S8 when they nerf EPTx. So don't get too hyped. Cruisers are Dead. They were sort of on life support before, but now they're pulling the plug.
dead you say then why does people still use them
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
04-18-2013, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
At the end of your alpha, you're still stuck flying a cruiser. Which if these changes go through, are bad news for all cruisers, even the Galaxy X. Maybe it hits the Galaxy R more, but like I said, you're still in a cruiser. And clearly the development team is sending a message that you have chose the wrong ship to pilot.

Which is cool since we're all going to be far too busy ooh-ing and aaah-ing at the Mogai in a few weeks anyways.
i have seen the change on EPTX power, it will not affect me much i am not a fan of the rigidity of dragon build, and in my present and my future auxtobat build i will still use 2 epts as main heal (3 in fact, 1 more to fill the useless ensign slot but this is considered as a backup in case auxtobat is disable ).

so, i bielieve it will not affect me much, i will still fly a gimp cruiser, but i am getting use to it by now
i can't see anything that will make me drop the galaxy .

ho wait, yes there is... if cryptic rolled it back to the way it was, 2 tact console slot, 3 weapons slot in the back, the phaser lance firepower divide by 3, less hull hitpoint.
yes that would certainly do it.
Captain
# 36
04-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo1nx View Post
(3 in fact, 1 more to fill the useless ensign slot
That's the biggest problem with the change. Ensign engineering slots are now at the point where 1 can be left blank. That's bad design by the folks at Cryptic.

Quote:
so, i bielieve it will not affect me much, i will still fly a gimp cruiser, but i am getting use to it by now
i can't see anything that will make me drop the galaxy .
I just think with cruisers where they are at, pushing for a fleet Galaxy X, and then having to spend money or dil/zen to get the modules to purchase this ship, is something that should probably be avoided. As a community it might be more beneficial to push for something to be done about cruisers and their many problems and THEN get the devs to roll out a nifty new fleet version of a cruiser.

Or you know, May is coming and the C-Store's going to be filled with Romulan ships to buy so again, pushing for something that will most likely have poor sales might only make things worse? I don't know.
Lieutenant
# 37
04-18-2013, 07:09 PM
I recently had a topic where I asked people which was better to get for tanking (Fleet Excelsior or Gal-X) and I was thinking that if they did do a Fleet Gal-X, maybe they could give it a special ability where the phaser lance would match the energy type of the weapons equipped. Like it the majority of the weapons were Polaron based, then the lance would be poloron based.
Commander
# 38
04-18-2013, 07:52 PM
the galaxy lance would a lot more cool if it was able to fire more often thne once every 3 minutes. and yes the doff layout needs to be change to something more useful on bothe the gals family and the D'Deridex ships
Captain
# 39
04-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyleep View Post
dead you say then why does people still use them
This may change come late May, assuming that's when the Emergency Power changes are going to be put in.
Captain
# 40
04-18-2013, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaher0 View Post
I recently had a topic where I asked people which was better to get for tanking (Fleet Excelsior or Gal-X) and I was thinking that if they did do a Fleet Gal-X, maybe they could give it a special ability where the phaser lance would match the energy type of the weapons equipped. Like it the majority of the weapons were Polaron based, then the lance would be poloron based.
While this might be a neat idea, this is unlikely.

The factional weapons are pretty heavily set in stone. Note, for instance, the Elite Fleet weapons are all faction-centric (phasers for Feds, disruptors for KDF), and other goodies such as the point-defense console and the quad cannons are all damage type-appropriate. Even supposedly cross-factional equipment such as the Adapted sets swap type (although IIRC they keep their original proc). So it is unlikely that the Galaxy-X will be getting a type-changing lance.