Captain
# 31
04-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Wow, some nice work on the UI. I gotta say the trays now look much, much better.

The addition of (at least some) borders ain't bad (but I'd still like those borders more apparent).

The change in opaqueness and transparency seems to be rather useful. (Of course two sliders, one for HUD UI and other for windows wouldn't be bad.)

I hope you continue getting rid of unused empty space elsewhere in the UI as well (Doff window, I'm looking at you, for instance).

Minor nitpicks are still small instance name and time, and the impossibility to push the tray completely to the edge of the screen.

Bigger nitpicks are with the character selection screen, that's how my two toons look like:
http://postimg.org/image/6g3to44x7/
http://postimg.org/image/o32xohkfn/
So, one's shown a shuttle overhead (instead of his Odyssey), the other's below the (only visible) belly of the negh'var (can't imagine what bigger ships like the Vo'quv or Jem dread would look like in there).
I won't even describe how terribly the "box" with available toons looks like (I hope we're soon gonna get closer to the "concept art" look shown in the latest blog.

Oh, and last as well as most important to me right now: No change to the current (on Tribble) completely borked EPtX powers. I really hope Adjudicatorhawk works on it, because it really impacts cruisers very heavily and very badly (see thread for previous Tribble patch and others).

EDIT: Oh, and could we do without the giant, always in the middle appearing dialog screen? The current (on Holodeck) smaller one at least keeps its place if we move it.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!

Last edited by toiva; 04-16-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
04-16-2013, 06:01 PM
The character select screen is still not showing my characters ships, and instead showing their shuttles/small craft on every toon that has a small craft. Is there any progress on this? Am I the only one that's having this issue? I've put in a bug report for this on each patch since the LoR stuff arrived.

Raptr profile
Captain
# 33
04-16-2013, 06:03 PM
It's just a carry over of the same bug that's on holodeck now which sometimes says you are in a shuttle on your character select screen when you're not, I would assume.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
04-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantavi View Post
Is this a BOFF from a character you copied from Holodeck? if so, have you tried re-copying the character over?
Yep -- and yep and it's the same way on holodeck -- happens when you trade the Rom Boff over to someone for training.
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7, the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
04-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
It's just a carry over of the same bug that's on holodeck now which sometimes says you are in a shuttle on your character select screen when you're not, I would assume.
Nope. It even names my active ship on the character select screen, but still shows my shuttles.

Raptr profile
Captain
# 36
04-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Frankly I'd kind of like it to show both.

Of course I'm only saying that now that I'm saving Lobi for the timeship shuttle. :-)
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Cryptic Studios Team
# 37
04-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
Generally looks fine, but:

Is there some reason we can't just have an opaqueness slider?

I grant you, this is a fairly minor quibble.
That's my long-term hope, and the work that went into this update now was a vital part of making that a possibility in the future.
Star Trek Online - UI Artist
@Cryptic_TTC on Twitter
Captain
# 38
04-16-2013, 06:19 PM
I really hope the big "shuttle bug" (or maybe are they plenty smaller shuttle related bugs?) gets eradicated before the big release. It's been here for a while, and as they add new features, it seems to propagate further and furher.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Captain
# 39
04-16-2013, 06:19 PM
pre-F2P cstore ships are still horribly obselete compared to their post F2P counterparts. Tier 5 ships mind you.

Is it so hard to update them to include the same boff station benefits the new ships have? You know.. the Nebula/Dkyr receiving .. SOMETHING? Making the Lt. universal into a lt cmdr universal would be a good start... my flying pancake needs love.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Empire Veteran
# 40
04-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
[*]Character Creation UI
  • Updated the art for all of the species selection portraits and added a faction-themed background to them.
  • It is now possible to preview character stances in the character creator.
  • Face presets previews will correctly update after switching gender selection.
I can finaklly show offf my inner gorn

EDIT: Never mind.... not what I hoped. (Wish my Tag would Show Gorn lol)
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Last edited by blagorm; 04-16-2013 at 06:26 PM.