Ensign
# 51
04-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by direphoenix View Post
*another issue with the crafted Delta Flyers: you cannot remove the "USS" prefix from their names like the other small craft.
This applies also to the Delta Flyers from the C-Store, or at least mine.
Career Officer
# 52
04-17-2013, 09:15 AM
@Thomas the Cat,

The UI is looking better and better with each update, there are still some issues but overall I feel this is a very positive direction.

I'm not sure if this is your area, but it seems like it might be:

1) In the UI on holodeck now, and on Tribble. When you go to

Ship > Status > Defense

The Shield Regeneration Rate only works for some shields (ex: Borg) and not for others (ex: MACO).

2) All of those neat little bits of information like Defense score, Critical Hit, Resistances, Shield Regen, etc. are buried deep with in menus and submenus. City of Heroes had an option to open a tiny window that allowed you to choose specific combat statistics to display permanently on the HUD. This would be a really amazing feature.

3) Shield Resistances are not displayed in the UI, it is one of the many mystery statistics that also happens to be critical to performance and understanding performance. Can you please find a spot for this in the DEFENSE sub-menu at least?

Thanks for you time.

Lieutenant
# 53
04-17-2013, 09:38 AM
"Significantly reduced memory footprint of UI windows."

Awesome.
Does anyone know how bad the original one was, or how much of an improvement the new UI is? Also, general bridge officer UI bull****, improved?
Captain
# 54
04-17-2013, 09:48 AM
I too would like to see more Field Generator marks, not just blue Mark XI or better.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Commander
# 55
04-17-2013, 09:55 AM
THE UI IS STILL WAY TOO BIG! IT IS A MAJOR ISSUE FOR PLAYERS WITH SMALLER SCREENS, I AM USING BIG BOLD YELLOW CAPS IN HOPES SOMEBODY WILL FREAKIN LISTEN TO US!!!!
Watch as the Dev's continue to completely ignore us as per usual...

The issue is that where everything USED to fit perfectly in the bottom of the screen it now does NOT fit, for smaller screens this means more of the view is BLOCKED by the UI!

Last edited by crownvic2door; 04-17-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Captain
# 56
04-17-2013, 10:33 AM
I have a small screen and I love the new UI. It's no less intrusive than the old one and looks light years and centuries better.

I'm one of those that's cringing when he goes back to holodeck.

Will the option remain for those who wish to use the current true blue UI or is that a game breaking "there can be only one" situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
Generally looks fine, but:

Is there some reason we can't just have an opaqueness slider?

I grant you, this is a fairly minor quibble.
Indeed an opaqueness slider would be exquisite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
It's just a carry over of the same bug that's on holodeck now which sometimes says you are in a shuttle on your character select screen when you're not, I would assume.
A bug that I hate with a passion. So annoying across the board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticttc View Post
That's my long-term hope, and the work that went into this update now was a vital part of making that a possibility in the future.
To Quote Harry Kim.........,"YES!!!!"
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Career Officer
# 57
04-17-2013, 10:34 AM
TTC - It would be really great if you could add locks to each option and slider value in the character selection/tailor screens. So that some choices remain fixed when hitting randomize.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic2door View Post
THE UI IS STILL WAY TOO BIG! IT IS A MAJOR ISSUE FOR PLAYERS WITH SMALLER SCREENS, I AM USING BIG BOLD YELLOW CAPS IN HOPES SOMEBODY WILL FREAKIN LISTEN TO US!!!!
Watch as the Dev's continue to completely ignore us as per usual...

The issue is that where everything USED to fit perfectly in the bottom of the screen it now does NOT fit, for smaller screens this means more of the view is BLOCKED by the UI!
You can, and always have been able to, change the scale of the UI to make everything fit better.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 58 Yay
04-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Yay, new patch and time to jump back onto TTS.
Career Officer
# 59
04-17-2013, 12:01 PM
So, my Kar'Fi seems to have a battlecloak, but I don't remember that being mentioned in any patch notes. Is that meant to be there, 'cause if so that's kind of cool, but it's a Fek'Ihri not a Klingon one, so I don't think that should be there...

Edit:
So have my Vo'Quv, Guramba, Varanus, Chel Grett etc.

Last edited by arelkacealfiras; 04-17-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Career Officer
# 60
04-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theuser2021 View Post
Crossing my fingers that the To'Duj hanger pets also get a battle cloak. Oh heck, Why can't my Vo'quv cloak?
Right now, it probably can.
Mine seems to be cloaking... (link)