Rihannsu
# 181
05-15-2013, 07:20 PM
@marcus

Glad you liked it! Definitely one of my more challenging entries to write.

@sander

Thanks. I thought that might make for an interesting plot point for this and future entries. Should be fun to see where it goes.

At any rate, again this was one of my more difficult entries. It was tough to write those last couple of scenes to give the reader an idea of the intimacy Selana and Veril felt while still keeping it tasteful and within the rules of the forum. Not to mention that it covered both a scandal within the Romulans as a race (a Remen and a Romulan?! Unthinkable!) and a hot topic of debates today. Glad to know I handled it well.
Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet
Captain
# 182
05-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Having played through the first sections of the Romulan storyline, I now have an idea for the character who will be taking up one of my slots later. Unfortunately, the story I was writing just refused to gel, aside from including a quote from the Robert Plant song "Big Log", so I just put up the backstory that came to me.
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Captain
# 183
05-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironphoenix113 View Post
@marcus

Glad you liked it! Definitely one of my more challenging entries to write.
Very much so, and it read really nicely, an excellent entry
Captain
# 184
05-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
Having played through the first sections of the Romulan storyline, I now have an idea for the character who will be taking up one of my slots later. Unfortunately, the story I was writing just refused to gel, aside from including a quote from the Robert Plant song "Big Log", so I just put up the backstory that came to me.
Excellent character It's nice to see one who isn't 'the best of the best of the best', but someone with relatable issues and weaknesses, but who is trying to straighten their life out... It'll be interesting to see where the future takes him
Survivor of Remus
# 185
05-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
It'll be interesting to see where the future takes him
If the Trek series are any indication, the future will take him to the inside of a giant alien time-vortex or to a planet full of space gangsters.
Starfleet Veteran
# 186
05-16-2013, 05:48 PM
Finally managed to put together an entry.

I was inspired by superhombre777's first entry, and decided to do a piece where the Romluan Character is approached by an intelligence agent cultivating them as a contact, who decides to warn them about new activity from the Tal Shiar.

I also wanted my Romulan Character to be a bit of a Thrill Seeking Adrenaline Junkie, so I have her as part of a small group in the colony who take the colony's shuttles out and go Racing with them.

Anyway, please take a look at my entry here and tell me what you think.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Career Officer
# 187
05-17-2013, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
Finally managed to put together an entry.
I really liked the way you expanded on the invasion of Vivirant and turned it into a sector wide conspiracy before the event ever takes place. I thought that was very clever.

And the idea of a Romulan adrenaline junkie really tickles me.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 188
05-17-2013, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Finally managed to put together an entry. :-)

I was inspired by superhombre777's first entry, and decided to do a piece where the Romluan Character is approached by an intelligence agent cultivating them as a contact, who decides to warn them about new activity from the Tal Shiar.

I also wanted my Romulan Character to be a bit of a Thrill Seeking Adrenaline Junkie, so I have her as part of a small group in the colony who take the colony's shuttles out and go Racing with them.

Anyway, please take a look at my entry here and tell me what you think.
Awsome entry, I really enjoyed it Veleen comes across really nicely, and indeed, would make the ideal observer/spy, given her racing activities, much like the idea behind the Six Million Dollar Man of using a celebrity as an agent, I'll be really interested to see where things take her
Starfleet Veteran
# 189
05-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Thank you for the compliments, Sander, Marcus.

Also, I really liked your second entry, ironphoenix.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Rihannsu
# 190
05-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Thank you for the compliments, Sander, Marcus.

Also, I really liked your second entry, ironphoenix.
Thanks m8! Yours was excellent as well!
Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet