Starfleet Veteran
# 231
05-23-2013, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassadormolari View Post
That's actually one of the few things I dislike about Legacy of Romulus: the fact that you're being forced to pick a side rather than stay neutral. One would think that the nascent Romulan Republic would want to avoid getting involved in a massive war between foreign powers, especially between two of their former rivals. Personally, I have no idea which of the two Ta'nara would side with, given the lack of a "neither" option.
Right. I look forward to hearing which choice you made, given the assumption that you've made Ta'nara in-game.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Captain
# 232
05-23-2013, 08:45 AM
@ambassadormolari - I thought the same when Cryptic announced that decision. But I think the reasoning is acceptable: the resources are too thin to handle "it" alone. From a game perspective (as everyone may surmise) it eases the burden on Cryptic to create a Fed-like faction that could be played within itself AND keeps players reasonably happy to be able to use a Romulan character flying Federation ships.

It's a compromise Cryptic developed that makes sense for a game. Right or wrong, I've noticed the same but ended up being "meh" about it.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 233
05-23-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
I look forward to reading what you think of my entry.

I like it. You made Tieria just cryptic enough to be intriguing, without giving away anything about him or his superiors. I also liked the piece of paper, whereas in this day and age it would normally be on a PADD. It helped add to the mystery of him. Though I reckon it's the Iconians kidnapping planet populations. Are those kidnappings part of the story in game?

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Starfleet Veteran
# 234
05-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
I like it. You made Tieria just cryptic enough to be intriguing, without giving away anything about him or his superiors. I also liked the piece of paper, whereas in this day and age it would normally be on a PADD. It helped add to the mystery of him. Though I reckon it's the Iconians kidnapping planet populations. Are those kidnappings part of the story in game?
Well, Virinat is attacked by a combination of the Tal Shiar and a new race known as the Elachi, with most of the population being abducted, and I think it's implied (I could be wrong) that other colonies have been attacked in a similar fashion. They also attack Crateris as part of the storyline--you gain a Bridge Officer there. That's why I went the route I did with the entry.

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Captain
# 235
05-23-2013, 01:12 PM
ah that makes sense. having not played any missions yet, I'm in the dark on all that.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Starfleet Veteran
# 236
05-23-2013, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
ah that makes sense. having not played any missions yet, I'm in the dark on all that.
Ah. Well, if you're not going to be getting to play that any time soon, you can always check out This Recording, which is of the preview Livestream where BranFlakes made a Romulan Character and took us on a bit of a tour of early Romulan Content.

Captain
# 237
05-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
Right. I look forward to hearing which choice you made, given the assumption that you've made Ta'nara in-game.
Not yet, I haven't. I'm going to time things before I let the game patch, seeing as my house doesn't exactly have unlimited internet. That, and it doesn't help that my friends and loved ones have been encouraging me to dabble in The Old Repulic and Champions Online as well. Don't get me wrong, though, I will download the patch sooner rather than later, and I will make Ta'nara, although it's just a pity that the character creator doesn't allow for make a character with heterochromia.
Lt. Commander
# 238
05-23-2013, 07:07 PM
So, it sounds like I may be the only person who made up their Romulan character with absolutely no plans to make the character in-game (or even make a Romulan character to begin with). I really enjoy the freedom of using the game generalities (2409 or later, ships and tech that I don't have to think up) without sticking to the "official" timeline.

With that in mind, it's time to go kill off one of my characters...
Captain
# 239
05-23-2013, 07:10 PM
Have they Branflakes mentioned at all why the challenges lately are running for a month or so at a time now? Is it just because every one there has been so busy with the Launch of LOR and NW?
Captain
# 240
05-23-2013, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhombre777 View Post
So, it sounds like I may be the only person who made up their Romulan character with absolutely no plans to make the character in-game (or even make a Romulan character to begin with). I really enjoy the freedom of using the game generalities (2409 or later, ships and tech that I don't have to think up) without sticking to the "official" timeline.

With that in mind, it's time to go kill off one of my characters...
I created Ael with absolutely zero intent of her being more than a single entry character, and was originally going to pass on the challenge entirely as I had no interest in chreating a Romulan character... I did so simply for the discipline of writing to the challenge to write outside my comfort zone

Killing off characters can be addictive...