Captain
# 241
05-23-2013, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
Have they Branflakes mentioned at all why the challenges lately are running for a month or so at a time now? Is it just because every one there has been so busy with the Launch of LOR and NW?
It was stated with this challenge, it was so that more people could take the opportunity to flesh out their Romulan characters. I believe it was also done to maintain awareness for the legacy pack. If you're hankering to write, you can always take a look at one of the previous LC's and post it under LC 40 :good:
Captain
# 242
05-24-2013, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
It was stated with this challenge, it was so that more people could take the opportunity to flesh out their Romulan characters. I believe it was also done to maintain awareness for the legacy pack. If you're hankering to write, you can always take a look at one of the previous LC's and post it under LC 40 :good:
I've been definitely eager to get back into writing as i skipped the last two challenges which have been running extra weeks, so it feels like it's been for ever. I might try to work out something with Vrel T'Sod, my romulan for this one, but i have no clue when this will end or if i'll even get around to it.
Captain
# 243
05-24-2013, 05:11 AM
Quote:
I've been definitely eager to get back into writing as i skipped the last two challenges which have been running extra weeks, so it feels like it's been for ever. I might try to work out something with Vrel T'Sod, my romulan for this one, but i have no clue when this will end or if i'll even get around to it.
I know what you mean, six weeks is a long time for an LC to run if it doesn't spark inspiration. If you already have a Romulan character, that's half the struggle over
Commander
# 244
05-24-2013, 05:33 AM
Indeed, I was considering making a third entry for yet another character, but I think that would be pushing the limits of the spirit of the exemption on one entry. One of the challenges of these threads is to see what you can do when you only have one post to 'make your mark'
Captain
# 245
05-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danqueller View Post
Indeed, I was considering making a third entry for yet another character, but I think that would be pushing the limits of the spirit of the exemption on one entry. One of the challenges of these threads is to see what you can do when you only have one post to 'make your mark'
With the extensions, I don't think there needs to be a limit on entries, and indeed, can be a way of building upon a new character. I'm considering another entry, I've just never found Romulans particularly inspiring :-\
Captain
# 246
05-24-2013, 10:00 AM
@wraithshadow13 - you have some days left before we see where the next challenge *might* go. Go for it

@danquellar - pfft, make a third entry! In fact, I demand it Although I do appreciate the "one-shot" approach, if it's open (like LC40), then take advantage of it
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 247
05-26-2013, 08:48 AM
I hammered this out in a single evening. It's a bit darker than my usual stuff, but it fit the character as well as explains how he got the adapted battle cruiser.

I imagine the song "SkyFall" playing at the start of the paragraph immediately after the line: "Why are you doing this? What did I do to you?"

Let me know what you think, comments, questions, and feedback are always welcome.
Captain
# 248
05-26-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
I hammered this out in a single evening. It's a bit darker than my usual stuff, but it fit the character as well as explains how he got the adapted battle cruiser.

I imagine the song "SkyFall" playing at the start of the paragraph immediately after the line: "Why are you doing this? What did I do to you?"

Let me know what you think, comments, questions, and feedback are always welcome.
I really enjoyed this entry, it's nice to read something with some Real Meat to it
Starfleet Veteran
# 249
05-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:

A rather interesting premise, there.

Sometimes the characters with the greatest potential for development are the ones out for revenge.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Captain
# 250
05-26-2013, 05:48 PM
For a while, I have had an idea for what actually happened to Marcus, and have decided to share...

For ease of reference/visualization, here're the actors I would cast if I was filming this tomorrow...

Darien Kane - Jeremy Irons
Marcus Kane - Matt Bomer
Amanda Palmer - Courteney Cox
Girl - Hayden Panettiere