Lt. Commander
# 101
01-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky-Mosuke View Post
Thats because the real beta was closed, things like Open beta's are to test server loads mostly. But are used to find out what quest and stuff cannot be completed as well. Basically getting free bug finders and not paying =P in turn for playing the game early. But I often find it is sometimes not worth it. However I am here so that says something.
"find out what quest .... cannot be completed"

Exactly my point. Now it will take another 40+ minutes once I'm back in-game so I can see if the quest can or can not be completed. And any issues with it.

If I was just playing to level it would be different. I'm trying to do what they asked - run every quest and notify them of issues I run into. But that's hard when I have to keep re-doing quests due to things like this.
Lt. Commander
# 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekochan
1)Emergency maintainance would mean that they had to take them down right then or it crashed.
2)This is beta, not hte real deal. Crashes should be a bit expected, I think...(First beta, sorry if I'm not more helpful)

3) Not being able to finish a mission is better than being in a mission where everyone suddenly appears, steals all the loot, and leaves, not really helping one way or the other. Maybe they should just give everyone the same loot when enemies die.

Ok, 3 is my main complaint. I was in a team with my Dad and suddenly 3 people show up, get blown up a lot, and steal the stuff that the enemies dropped. I was able to get some of it, so I'll have to exchange what Dad wants later, but it was just rude. I do have another complaint about the "Open Instance Team" system, but that's because of the first complaint.
I always try to help out with whatever I can, I normally don't get any loot though lol, I think I got the short end of the stick in that respect. And occasionally I do get blown up, but sometimes it's because of magic zombie BS, as in one moment my shield is taking next to no damage the next it's down and my hull is losing integrity at a rate that shouldn't be possible.
Lt. Commander
# 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorak
Well I'd like to... Test things. Even when I did internal testing we'd know before things happened so we could finish whatever we were working on at the time. Even a 20 minute warning would be sufficient.
i wish life was like that most of us get "look out BUS, Wot BUS, SPLAT!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 104
Quote:
It's ridiculous. And I can understand that they had to take it down, but when they want us to test things they should allow us to... Test them.

I'm sure a lot of people are like me and don't want to repeat the same hour long quest 3x just because we don't know what's going on with the server.

This is the second time I've been through something like this.
You're supposed to be just playing at Cryptic's leisure right now. It's just a glorified no pay job that you've agreed to do.

When game time rolls around, then you have a right to complain. As it stands you're helping them. You're not even paying yet.
Lt. Commander
# 105
01-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleneagles
In the time until the server comes back up you could learn the difference between Scheduled and Emergency Maintainance and stop throwing your toys out of the pram.
Don't know what a pram is but I wouldn't throw my toys. I love my action figures, :p
Lt. Commander
# 106
I hope you can fix it befor i have to go to bed <.< (gmt+1)
Lt. Commander
# 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
Lastly, get your facts straight before you even consider calling folks idiots. Then refrain from calling anyone names anyway as that's against the forum rules.
Git!

(joking) but you DID ask for it :p

Contributing to the delinquency of gamers for over 30 years.
Lt. Commander
# 108
Quote:
"find out what quest .... cannot be completed"

Exactly my point. Now it will take another 40+ minutes once I'm back in-game so I can see if the quest can or can not be completed. And any issues with it.

If I was just playing to level it would be different. I'm trying to do what they asked - run every quest and notify them of issues I run into. But that's hard when I have to keep re-doing quests due to things like this.
There should be a mandatory IQ & Maturity test for some people before they are allowed into any BETA sessions.....

Obviously, you would be one of the fails, and we would be spared your ridiculous comments,,,,,,
Lt. Commander
# 109
it's beta guys !!!
Lt. Commander
# 110
01-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Thorax-
Just as I was about to log in....haha

gives me an excuse to do real life chores
See there! Cryptic knows how to handle real-life too! They're good!

But seriously...I would much rather it be doin' this in beta than for it to do it Day of Launch...
Closed Thread