Lt. Commander
# 21
01-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Destra
Star Trek Online is currently down for emergency maintenance . We are trying to get the shard up as soon as possible. Please keep an eye here for more details, and to be advised when the servers are back up! Thank you, The Star Trek Online Team
Old Trek, "Cap'n, I canna hold her together much longer!"
New Trek, "Captain, we're currently running a level three diagnostic."

So which of those more accurately reflects the Cryptic crew?
Lt. Commander
# 22
I think the server crashed as well. There was no notice, not like I know there should be one or anything!

I will say this though, The server has been much more stable after last night and there was considerably less rubberbanding then last night. Nice work DEV's ! Keep it up.
Lt. Commander
# 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
In the future can you add the date/time to the thread title so we don't get confused as to which of the several "Emergency Maintenance" threads we're supposed to follow.
Yes plz, makes it faster for us to find, other then looking at forum posts but after a while its any bodies guess unless they look at the first post to get the time/date it was posted.
Lt. Commander
# 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by gebbens View Post
hay ppl its a beta if the server goes up and down then so be it dont whine.
No one is whining yet, just because we respond doesn't mean we are whining lol. (Wait til page 200)
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Damn now I have no excuse not to do my History Assignment...
Lt. Commander
# 26
Watching the new Star Trek movie on DVD for the billionth time in the meantime.

"Authorisation code Wictor Wictor two."
Lt. Commander
# 27
I think the forums need a maintenance more than anything at the moment. It's - so - slow

Also agree that when you make these topics you should time and date them too, that way people know which one is which - seeing as there are so many.
Lt. Commander
# 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesniper View Post
Why is it down again?

i thought the servers had a major fix last night?
Umm, because it crashed, as is common during any open or closed beta stress test phase. The purpose of such a phase is to push the servers as far as possible to determine their limits so they know how many servers/blades are needed to run that game smoothly. It's also the time to tweak and re-tweak the networking, instancing, etc. coding to make the game run as smoothly and crash free as possible prior to launch.
Lt. Commander
# 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesniper View Post
Why is it down again?

i thought the servers had a major fix last night?
Patience the servers are going to be acting crazy while in beta, they have to fix bugs and anything we're finding as needed, we're the test subjects improving and creating the full game. your going to see random events like this, so sit back find some st movies or another show and munch on something while you watch and wait. I definitely must say the last patch was helping out a lot. hopefully we'll see things even better with this next installment coming ^^
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Keep up the good work..
Closed Thread