Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I have been trying to order the game for 3 days now from the Atari Store and can get no help. Worst customer experience I have had in a long time.

The Atari store wont process either of my credit card. I tried to use their email support but there is no option given on one of the drop down menus yet you cant submit form without choosing one of the non existent options.

I emailed support from this site and just got a Champions form reply saying it had opened a champions ticket.

Called Cryptic. First your voice system is FUBAR! The recording is playing at an extremely slow speed and sounds like an old tape recorder running out of batteries... Went thru this twice only to be told all operators are busy and then BAM! it disconnects me.

I tried calling Atari corporate and there is no customer support phone... they refer you to a web form that is broken. Tried to get a live person but no option for operator. Choose to talk to sales. That rang and rang and then I was just disconnected.

Who do I need to contact to actually get customer support. Its hard to imagine 2 establsihed companies offer such poor customer support. If this title wasnt Star Trek you would have lost me as customer for this and any future titles
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2 i would..
01-13-2010, 09:39 AM
I would just buy it from a differant vendor.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-13-2010, 10:12 AM
Get it from steam man, seriously. I wish I had. Their servers will likely give you a 1mbs download speed, plus you can install it to any computer simply by logging in.

I went through game stop, had minor difficulty, but steam - pfft. Best choice.



Oh. And yes, Atari DOES infact want your money.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotox21 View Post
Get it from steam man, seriously. I wish I had. Their servers will likely give you a 1mbs download speed, plus you can install it to any computer simply by logging in.

I went through game stop, had minor difficulty, but steam - pfft. Best choice.



Oh. And yes, Atari DOES infact want your money.
Ive got the flippin client. I need to order the game. But Atari/Cryptic have the worst sutomer service I have ever seen. After wasting the last 3 days trying to order I finally said screw trying to process the Credit card order and I choose to do a wire transfer. Only to have my bank say thier account had been SUSPENDED! But because there is literally no way to contact Atari I cant use that method either.

Sure I could purchuse from somewhere else but then I wouldnt get the same "perks"

I was really down on Cryptic because of sound and graphical issues with Champions and the entire STO Prelaunch maketing travesty and now simply trying to buy their product has really soured me.

Like I said, if their product wasnt Star Trek I would have added them to SONY as game companies who wont see another dime from me.

If support is non existant now, how will it fare in two weeks when the game is live?

I am just glad that I held off on my purchuse until now. I just might use that money for Lich King instead


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Atari goes through Digital River for the online sales. Here is the number for them (952) 646-5000. I hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance56k View Post
Atari goes through Digital River for the online sales. Here is the number for them (952) 646-5000. I hope this helps.
Thanks.... but that info is available to me as well. The point is that some random forum poster shouldnt be helping me but rather someone from Cryptic/Atari. Except there is no means to contact Atari. They apparently have just shucked all repsonsibility for their product. And after 3 days I have had 0 response from any one involved. I do have an open Champions ticket though.

I mean these are COMPUTER companies filled with programmers and the cant handle downloads of the client or a simple e commerce site?

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
Thanks.... but that info is available to me as well. The point is that some random forum poster shouldnt be helping me but rather someone from Cryptic/Atari. Except there is no means to contact Atari. They apparently have just shucked all repsonsibility for their product. And after 3 days I have had 0 response from any one involved. I do have an open Champions ticket though.

I mean these are COMPUTER companies filled with programmers and the cant handle downloads of the client or a simple e commerce site?

If the programmers are helping you with Customer Service I would be concerned.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-15-2010, 02:57 AM
I'm having a similar problem. Atari definitely took my money. They just don't seem to be willing to give me anything for it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-15-2010, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
Sure I could purchuse from somewhere else but then I wouldnt get the same "perks"
Isn't Atari just the digital deluxe edition? Steam sells that, too.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:21 PM.