Career Officer
# 1 Feedback: Fleet Warp Cores
06-14-2013, 03:16 PM
I've had a chance to browse the selection of warp cores currently available. Frankly I'm a little unimpressed with the limited selection. Since I doubt we'll see a build your own warp core option with fleet projects to unlock the specific bonuses that can be applied to your ideal warp core.

Can you add more fleet cores with random stats duct-tapped to them in a haphazard manner in the hopes of getting something closer to being remotely useful?

Also can you add more options to the 1% proc on the elite cores? Something for people that play supporting roles like healers or exotic particle damage dealers would be nice.
Commander
# 2
06-14-2013, 07:14 PM
There are something like 15 Advanced Warp Cores and 30 Elite Fleet Warp Cores.

Not enough for you?

I am terrible at this game. I have 7 Lv 50 accounts.
Career Officer
# 3
06-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkraust View Post

Not enough for you?
apparently not, you must remember friend some people just love to empty the tissue box over anything
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!
Career Officer
# 4
06-15-2013, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkraust View Post

Not enough for you?
No, but it's a start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildweasal View Post
apparently not, you must remember friend some people just love to empty the tissue box over anything
Right, because asking for more warp cores with more random stats is having a cry. Better hope I don't ask for a MKXII medic kit. You'll need an ark to survive those tears.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-15-2013, 09:20 AM
If I may be so bold as to turn this into a constructive thread...

OP, what factors, exactly, are you looking for? Please note that there WON'T be any "weapon power" cores, as that's what everyone would get, making the other cores worthless. But if you were expexting fleet/elite cores to have different mixtures of abilities and bonuses, please share!
Rihannsu
# 6
06-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exsteele View Post

OP, what factors, exactly, are you looking for? Please note that there WON'T be any "weapon power" cores, as that's what everyone would get, making the other cores worthless. But if you were expexting fleet/elite cores to have different mixtures of abilities and bonuses, please share!
I'm not the OP, but what I would like to see is:

1) [COI] --- I like to fly fast in sector space!
2) [W->A] or [W->whatever isn't the core's innately boosted ability] I run my weapons at a high level, so this benefits me the most.
3) [ACAP] -- this synergizes with my Tier 4 Nukara passive
4) [AMP] on the elite core
Captain
# 7
06-15-2013, 10:01 AM
If you want an A Cap one, get an Overcharged one. That boosts Aux Power. A lot of the cores boost two systems however.
I think considering power management options and the deliberate non inclusion of weapon cores, these cores are pretty exciting and quite overpowered to be honest.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Career Officer
# 8
06-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaku View Post
I'm not the OP, but what I would like to see is:

1) [COI] --- I like to fly fast in sector space!
2) [W->A] or [W->whatever isn't the core's innately boosted ability] I run my weapons at a high level, so this benefits me the most.
3) [ACAP] -- this synergizes with my Tier 4 Nukara passive
4) [AMP] on the elite core

1) they do
2) they do
3) they do
4) they do

http://imgur.com/a/d3kvS

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
I think considering power management options and the deliberate non inclusion of weapon cores, these cores are pretty exciting and quite overpowered to be honest.
Especially compared to Singularity Cores.

It was already clear the downsides to a Singularity Core do not make up for the benefits. These new Matter/Anti-Matter Cores just make it even more obvious.

M/AM cores now give a total of about 24 power to various subsystems, +5 max to 2 systems AND come with a build in battery.

Singularity cores now give a total of 10 to 25 power to various subsystems (10 in reality. You are supposed to use your singularity powers afterall.), 0 bonus to max system power AND a useless toy pretending to be a battery (it adds nothing at 0 singularity and drains all singularity power on use, meaning if you want to get any boost out of it you lose the power you were getting from the core.)

Add to that difference the base -40 all warbirds get and anyone with half a brain can see the Battle Cloak and Singularity powers don't make up for it. A shockwave that does rubbish damage at max level, a singularity jump that neither pulls enemies in or turns you to face them, a sucky version of cannon rapid fire 1, a second jump that doesnt even break target lock, and a magic hull buffer that lasts no time at all in any endgame content.

Yeah. Thanks for nothing.
Ensign
# 10
06-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exsteele View Post

I jump at a chance to share! =) Firstly, coi, ssr, sst, trans and sss are all travel related boosts. They are worthless except when paired on a green warp core to be used for a doffing ship. Seeing any of these in the fleet store makes me giggle.

Now for healers/tanks I would say:

[EPS] or [Bat] combined with [A->S] or [S->A] and either [SCap] or [ACap]. The 4th trait is moot, since it always seems to be SS or TW related. Also, I would prefer to have a 5th stat boost (or 4th since SS/TW shouldn't really count) instead of having the cores boost 2 power systems. When I saw "ultra rare" i was expecting a 5th stat tag... and it took me a while to figure out that the boosting 2 systems is what defines them as ultra rare.

None of these are complaints really, just more of a wishlist. I'll play with what we got for now, and have fun doing it =)

Q