Commander
accuracy and small turn rate buff with the set. good passive bonus but if could get rid of my useless hoh'sus and teleport target I could run weapons booster and leech without sacrificing neutronium and ch'tang console. not to mention cooldown on disruptor autocannon. if I run the set I lose the neutronium, weapons booster, in favor of the leech while still keeping chtang console. sacrificing all rep skills to weapons I have much less shielding than i'd like to have, but that's the Klingon way.
Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!

Last edited by lykum; 04-28-2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: bad at forum posting =((
Empire Veteran
# 2
04-28-2013, 09:22 AM
The set bonuses are nice, but probably not worth giving up 3 whole consoles over it. If you use Disruptors, the Autocannon can be quite powerful, but aside from that, it's pretty easy to avoid using them.

Empire Veteran
# 3
04-28-2013, 10:00 AM
here is the schtick.
The autocanon is nice BUT if you having someone in front of you in a properly set up bortasq, he is dead as disco anyways. You don't really need to autocanon.

The BOP is insane. Not as in "insane dps lol", but as in no sense of where or what is going on "insane". Unlike other real "pets", if your next opponents are behind you by 11k and the BOP gets agro, he will die.

The TP is nice except that there are so many skills that counter it isn't as good at the subspace jump console.

Up to you. I have one character that uses them ONLY for group pve.
Commander
# 4
04-28-2013, 10:56 AM
ty for being able to pick apart what I say and help even though I messed up my post. I've further edited it..

love the autocanon, with it's damage resistance debuff you can capitalize on your alpha strike. running a 20 sec stand battery with proper doff I can knock gateway to 50% in about 30 seconds. punch one elite STF cube after another. record for me 1v1 with elite stf tactical cube so far knocked it down to 85% haven't maxxed my build or character yet though. only bad is that it doesn't shoot as fast as the phaser lance and fast smart captains know to move out of the arc quickly.

a few things I've come to find in PvP:

always up against tier 5 level fleets with a strategy. us guys without so many STO contacts suffer greatly for our lack of nerdy friends... and no fleet ship.

out of 5 ships they'll either split off in 3's and 2's or they group together to defend a carrier. never alone, even if they look alone usually just the bait and someone sitting nearby cloaked. my tactic was to ch'tang jump behind my ambusher autocannon and alpha strike him. the target I was suppose to attack hopefully has lost the buffs he put up leaving him vulnerable as well. against 3? no hope and sometimes they'll brute force and concentrate fire on single ships while me and my teammates who don't even have a teamspeak going get wiped out.
Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

Commander
# 5
04-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
here is the schtick.
The autocanon is nice BUT if you having someone in front of you in a properly set up bortasq, he is dead as disco anyways. You don't really need to autocanon.

The BOP is insane. Not as in "insane dps lol", but as in no sense of where or what is going on "insane". Unlike other real "pets", if your next opponents are behind you by 11k and the BOP gets agro, he will die.

The TP is nice except that there are so many skills that counter it isn't as good at the subspace jump console.

Up to you. I have one character that uses them ONLY for group pve.
main reason I don't fly my raptor is because going fast is too hard on my computer and it lags out really bad. even have to run a small window cause my screen is large and my comp simply cant handle lots of things going on, especially particle attacks like eject warp plasma. if it's on a tactical cube I can't even look at it without glitching so bad I can't do anything...

Empire Veteran
# 6
04-28-2013, 12:49 PM
unless you are using a TRS80, fly a carrier if you have a slow computer.

The drag on the Bortasq isn't good for low end pc's imho.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-29-2013, 12:58 PM
Im running my tac bortas with the borg set 3 pieces and the autocannon.had to quit the lasso and the hosus couse find out its better using plasmonic leach insuead.besides the universal borg console is a must in my opinion.the unique science slot makes me use it to recover my long crew and i also use the zero point romulan console to increase my science stats.i can take down an elite cube in two tries using manouvers and neutrinium to run away the fist try.then with cube at 40% its a piece of cake.reverse movements are necessary of couse to fly this brick. I keep saying the 3 set worth it but that depends on each player. Qapla