Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Basically what the title of the thread says.

It's no secret that the Fleet Star Cruiser is a science-based tank, however, it's damage ability is somewhat hindered by having only two Tactical BOFF powers and Tactical console slots. It's also no secret the state of the game as now is focused around "dpsdpsdpsdps".

Other science-themed cruisers (such as the Odyssey) have this feature already, not to mention the fact that the Fleet Star Cruiser has one of the worse inertia ratings in-game for no reason at all. When the Star Cruiser was the biggest ship on the block, it made sense, but now everything and it's pet targ outsizes this. Even the massive Scimitar variants have better maneuverability than the not-so-big-anymore space whale.

Now, I'm not suggesting giving the Star Cruiser five Tac consoles, five fore weapons, and four Cmdr Tac BOFF slots; or anything else less... drastic. Just a science-themed ability for a science-themed ship to give it a little more shove, rather than keeping it constantly at push. No extra Tac console, not extra Tac BOFFs, just Sensor Analysis.

Note: I am aware that the Fleet Exploration Cruiser is worse off than this ship, as it has a similar layout, and is hamstrung by the Ensign Engi Global Cooldown Syndrome. This is a discussion on how to improve the Fleet Star Cruiser to match up with the current state of the game, discussion about the Galaxy could probably take place in the massive topic about it, eh?
Empire Veteran
# 2
12-06-2013, 11:02 AM
I admit, I miss having a reason to fly my old Fleet Star Cruiser, and wouldn't mind having that on it.

Lieutenant
# 3
12-06-2013, 11:20 AM
i would love something like that, i fly mainly that ship cause i don't have c-store ships and i love it for being tanky, good healer and moderate damage, but since it's eng sci focused why not make it a hubrid ? i love very much this ship, it's design and it's one of the best ships you can get when you reach lvl 40
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
12-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Sensor Analysis on a star cruiser sounds reasonable...
Captain
# 5
12-06-2013, 12:04 PM
IMHO the star cruiser is one of Cryptic's better original designs. This would certainly be a good way to make it more attractive in the DPSfest this game has turned into.
Capt. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Captain
# 6
12-06-2013, 12:27 PM
I agree. Give the Star Cruiser Sensor analysis and change the engineering ensign on the Galaxy refit to universal. That would allow both of these ships a unique feature.
Commander
# 7
12-06-2013, 12:31 PM
I, myself, fly the Mirror Universe version of it, because it has better Tactical console slots, but there's no Fleet Mirror Universe ships, unfortunately (there should be, though). Still, not a bad thing to add to a barely-used ship.
Career Officer
# 8
12-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Sure. The Odyssey Science Cruiser has SA.

I assume they're eventually going to roll out some kind of additional buff for science ships. At that point they ought to give SA to anything with four Sci Console slots.
Captain
# 9
12-06-2013, 02:15 PM
discharge & use skin on its mirror double?
Cryptic.
Figure out and address the players path of least resistance to reward. this one thing is THE consistent factor undermining all your efforts. be that crafting, raids or starbase projects.
Captain
# 10
12-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Might not be a bad idea. To be honest, although I'm certain someone more experienced/knowledgeable can come up with an example that is similarly bad, I am hard pressed to think of a free ship so utterly and totally made obsolete by not only pay ships, but also some of the free/semi-free ships (Odyssey Star Cruiser, notably).