Lieutenant
# 11 Assimiliated Lock Box
04-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Romulan Lock Box?

Meh.

The Temporal ship was pretty cool looking but I still didn't go for it. Honestly, if you can't take these $250 ships for a test drive why put up so many keys for something that could turn out to be a disappointment? At least The Old Republic lets you preview your armor before you buy it for your character.

I'd put keys out for an Assimilated Lock Box that offered either an LTS or a Borg-Fed hybrid ship that looked assimilated on the inside and out. But that would require doing a bridge as well as an external ship costume and I don't know if Cryptic has the desire to spend that many resources when they can recycle in game material that is paid for already and still make $250 a pop.

Well, I have 390 lock box keys whenever Cryptic wants them. Then again they already have my money so... I guess they don't have to make a lock box I want to open.
Captain
# 12
04-17-2013, 06:26 PM
If they put the Scimitar (or any other Romulan/Reman ship) in a lockbox for anyone to get, my wrath will know no boundaries.

If it's a Romulan-only lockbox, then maybe I could live with it.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 13
04-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
If they put the Scimitar (or any other Romulan/Reman ship) in a lockbox for anyone to get, my wrath will know no boundaries.

If it's a Romulan-only lockbox, then maybe I could live with it.
No, you should also be just as mad if the Scimitar is put in a lockbox period even if it is Romulan only. That is a faction ship, and the Romulans flagship, just like the Bortasqu and Odyssey and should be in the Z-store not lockbox.
Captain
# 14
04-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Serious - they said something about the Romulan lock-box ships would only be able to be used by Romulan characters.

So they might throw some non-romulan ship in there as well.

Lots of non romulans will buy to sell the ships on the exchange.
They also mentioned that they might make romulan ships available to both KDF and FED throguh lockboxes. The whole idea of Romulan lockboxes is ridiculous, IMO. The very idea that they are seriously considering a Romulan lockbox speaks volumes IMO about how seriously they are taking the idea of the Romulan 'fraction'.
Captain
# 15
04-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imadoctornota View Post
There will be a Romulan ship in a lock-box over my dead body.
I think Mr Stahl already confirmed that there will be - is your coffin ready?
Captain
# 16
04-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
I think Mr Stahl already confirmed that there will be - is your coffin ready?
Please provide a Link to such confirmation. I read all of his posts and have listened to both podcasts and did't see any such statement.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 17
04-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Please provide a Link to such confirmation. I read all of his posts and have listened to both podcasts and did't see any such statement.
From the Ask Cryptic:

Quote:
Q: (walshicus) How will lockbox ships and consoles work for Romulans?

Dstahl: Romulan Republic captains not only have access to their exclusive faction ships, but will also have access to the ships and consoles of their chosen ally. Lock Box ships will remain available to all faction captains. This includes the possibility that we might release a Romulan themed box that may have specific Romulan ships that are available to all factions.
ok - he calls it a "possiblity" - but you know with the Lock-box money printing machine - "possibility" means almost a "guareenteed"
Captain
# 18
04-17-2013, 06:51 PM
And that possibility could be a year from now.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 19
04-17-2013, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
And that possibility could be a year from now.
And the Romulan faction is coming much sooner than that. IMHO it makes much mroe sense to place the timing of such a box, were it to appear, around the same time as the LOR expansion.
Captain
# 20
04-17-2013, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
And the Romulan faction is coming much sooner than that. IMHO it makes much mroe sense to place the timing of such a box, were it to appear, around the same time as the LOR expansion.
No, it doesn't. Roms will have plenty of ships to choose from already: free, C-Store, Fleet Store, and cross-Faction. It makes much more sense to re-up the older Lockboxes to entice Rom players to try and get a Jem Bug, Galor, D'Kora, etc.

All the Fed and KDF players will already be playing Roms to try the content. A Rom Lockbox makes much more sense toward the end of the year - after players know what Rom ships can do.