Captain
# 21
04-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
And that possibility could be a year from now.
Very true - but you know Stahl - he likes to give out lock box hints as he did with the last 2

Specifically he said "time" at the convention and then we got the temporal one.

Then he basically said the same thing - possiblity of an upcoming "dominion" themed box - which we have now.

Now he is dropping hints of a "Romulan themed" box - It is very possible that it is timed to be released next which will be the height of the Romulan madness taking over the game for a few months.

makes business sense to launch it the same time.
Captain
# 22
04-17-2013, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
makes business sense to launch it the same time.
As I just posted, it really doesn't.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Commander
# 23
04-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
....not sure if troll or serious. if serious.... no.

scimitar is a ship that should be rom only.
Scimitar isn't even Romulan lol
Captain
# 24
04-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Quote:
As I just posted, it really doesn't.
Well we will find out next month. Or not - they might let the dominion one drag on to put maximum pressure on C-store sales.

hence the continued run-up in Zen prices over the next 10 weeks
Captain
# 25
04-17-2013, 08:03 PM
It seems like a bit of an odd choice to me, considering there are already a few hints seeming to indicate that the Rommies may not have the same size ship roster as the KDF and FED out the gate- with them havign access to the ships of allies and assurances that rommie ships won't becoem obsolete with time (think I remember something about a ship-leveling system, but I may be mistaken) It could seem liek they are cutting out Romulan content and putting it in lockboxes rather than just having it available to the faction at launch. would hope that they at least wait a month or two to release it, but I do expect it to be released on the heels of LoR, it would make sense to capitalize on it at its high point of interest.
Captain
# 26
04-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
It seems like a bit of an odd choice to me, considering there are already a few hints seeming to indicate that the Rommies may not have the same size ship roster as the KDF and FED out the gate- with them havign access to the ships of allies and assurances that rommie ships won't becoem obsolete with time (think I remember something about a ship-leveling system, but I may be mistaken) It could seem liek they are cutting out Romulan content and putting it in lockboxes rather than just having it available to the faction at launch. would hope that they at least wait a month or two to release it, but I do expect it to be released on the heels of LoR, it would make sense to capitalize on it at its high point of interest.
Dan has said that every Rom ship seen in the IP will be in the game and available to Roms. He even said they were meeting with CBS a week ago to discuss which entirely new Rom ships Cryptic could also include. None of that seems indicative of Roms getting shafted on ships and needing Lockboxes.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Commander
# 27
04-17-2013, 08:06 PM
Just for those saying keep Scimitar Romulan, it's NOT a Romulan ship, it's a REMAN ship, there IS a difference.

That said, the Rom lockboxes will no doubt deploy when LoR deploys, it makes business, and marketing sense.
Captain
# 28
04-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovide View Post
Just for those saying keep Scimitar Romulan, it's NOT a Romulan ship, it's a REMAN ship, there IS a difference.

That said, the Rom lockboxes will no doubt deploy when LoR deploys, it makes business, and marketing sense.
Within the game it has become Romulan. Sela flies a Scimitar.

And it doesn't make business sense. It reduces potential sales of Rom C-Store and Fleet ships right off the bat.
Captain
# 29
04-17-2013, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovide View Post

Keep in mind that the Romulans already use that monster in STO, as ugly and angular as it is.

Also, keep in mind that the Romulans of LoR are great buddies with the Remans, so expect more Remans designs. (might explain that floppy bananna with angular wings they have shown for the tier 2)
Commander
# 30
04-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Within the game it has become Romulan. Sela flies a Scimitar.

And it doesn't make business sense. It reduces potential sales of Rom C-Store and Fleet ships right off the bat.
Sela flies a Scimitar because the Remans became slaves tot he Romulans. (learned so via campaign)

Scimitar is still Reman, and Reman design.

Obisek flies one, as well.