Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 71
# 71
04-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
The new UI?s setup meant that we could now dynamically colorize most elements
using data inputs instead of requiring new textures to be made in Photoshop for each
different UI style.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this made it sound like changing the colours around isn't too
much of a problem? Would this make it possible for us to set our own colour
schemes? I understand if it cannot be implemented till the launch of LoR, but I am really
hoping for this kind of functionality.

When I heard the new UI would let you "choose the colours that works for you", I was
excited. However, now it looks like we will have to choose between a few preset schemes.

While I appreciate the option to choose, I am sad to say that none of these presets works
for me.. The contrast between highlights and background is just too high. It pains my eyes
and gives me a headache after only a short while. If we are stuck with presets only, then
please make a lower contrast scheme that I can use!
------------------------------------------------
Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 156
# 72
04-17-2013, 06:25 PM
I've played around with this a little bit on tribble and I absolutely love the new UI changes.

It is alot cleaner than what we currently run on holodeck. However, I hope you guys are going to clean up the mini map area because that isn't all that great.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5
# 73 Attack Pets
04-17-2013, 06:33 PM
With all the UI changes it would seem like the perfect opportunity to add attack pet health and status bars. to know if we should recall the dead husks or not. I would also like to see hanger wing health and health for every fighter is to much. A 1/3 health if 2 of the 3 were destroyed or something similar. These would make great UI additions.
Life gives you two ends to use,
One to think with, the other to sit and muse,
Life depends on which we choose,
Heads we win, Tails we lose.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
# 74
04-17-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm not saying that I won't use it or anything (it may grow on me yet), but you DO really need to include the option to keep the current (old) UI. Personally, at this point, after having played around with it a bit on Tribble, it hasn't won me over yet. But then I've never been a fan of the LCARS look anyway.

I can live with it, if I must, but I really REALLY hope that it is an OPTION (options are good, forced changes are not), and that we can CHOOSE to keep the old UI if we want.

Your hard work is appreciated, nonetheless!
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 260
# 75
04-17-2013, 08:22 PM
i like most of the colour of the new lcards but i do care for the new klingon lacard theme. cryptic could it be possible to port over the current kling red colour lards design to the new star trek lards. when i play my klingon officer i like role playing that my ships are from the tos movie era 2270's to early tng era the 2330's with the all red colour touch displays.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 260
# 76
04-17-2013, 08:28 PM
also for starfleet could i be possible to have the star trek 5 to pre 2350's movie era blue and green lacards
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,990
# 77
04-17-2013, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstuff1701 View Post
I'm not saying that I won't use it or anything (it may grow on me yet), but you DO really need to include the option to keep the current (old) UI. Personally, at this point, after having played around with it a bit on Tribble, it hasn't won me over yet. But then I've never been a fan of the LCARS look anyway.

I can live with it, if I must, but I really REALLY hope that it is an OPTION (options are good, forced changes are not), and that we can CHOOSE to keep the old UI if we want.

Your hard work is appreciated, nonetheless!
The OLD UI is going away and not coming back as said on Twitter.


Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 260
# 78
04-17-2013, 08:38 PM
i do no t see why the current red knlingon colour scheme really needs to have to be erease from star trek online because i feel like it show the klingon lacards in str trek the motion picture fughting veger
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 253
# 79
04-17-2013, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
The OLD UI is going away and not coming back as said on Twitter.
Too bad 1987's UI couldn't manage to go away and not come back.

Maybe they can make it like real LCARS, where the buttons are all random, and you can push whatever you want to make the torpedoes fire?
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,990
# 80
04-17-2013, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattimeo97 View Post
Too bad 1987's UI couldn't manage to go away and not come back.

Maybe they can make it like real LCARS, where the buttons are all random, and you can push whatever you want to make the torpedoes fire?
Well that's what players wanted for a long time.


Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:59 AM.