Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 426
# 31
04-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
My MMO Over-site Committee idea has any company that wishes to market an MMO in the US putting the game ownership up as collateral. Failure to pay fines levied against the game in a reasonable time would forfeit the game ownership to the MMO Over-site Committee. Then they could fix it and run it correctly with no further violations.
Man, your little comedy of errors is hilariously full of fail.

I gotta say, though, something about the idea of the MMO Police in their Black Helicopters of Gaming makes me smile.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 253
# 32
04-18-2013, 09:20 PM
If OP had some friends, they might already have an upgraded Starbase, and a support network to help them through the emotionally devastating full refund they received.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,109
# 33
04-18-2013, 10:18 PM
You know, if the OP could actually hear himself think over the sound of his own whining, he might have realized he could just KEEP the free XIs until he got access to the Fleet versions, then gotten THOSE with his refund...
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,705
# 34
04-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Actually I just mounted my Orange Fleet Phasers and continue to have at it.

I can hear myself think, It's a higher life form trait, and what is perceived as whining from those less evolved and thus unable to understand is actually intelligent unbiased (non fanboy) observations.

So now Romulans can't use T5 Fed of Klingon ships? Awesome, Thank You Sir can I have another LOL.

Actually this makes sense and I approve of this move. I just figured the juxtaposition of the progressing Romulan nerfs may jar some out of their "I have a sandwich so he can't be starving" forum mindsets.

Feel free to continue to hurl abuse if you can't understand however, It is a primate trait to hurl **** at what they can't understand.

People in Law Enforcement have few "friends" as such. My Fleet is occupied by a few relatives that have RL families that preclude them from playing video games. I maintain their ships and level their Toons when I can so they benefit from the fun and not the "work" part of this MMO.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.

Last edited by thlaylierah; 04-19-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,109
# 35
04-20-2013, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
I can hear myself think, It's a higher life form trait, and what is perceived as whining from those less evolved and thus unable to understand is actually intelligent unbiased (non fanboy) observations.
Hah. Me? Fanboy. You jest, sir.

The fact of the matter is that you were given 3 choices:
1. Accept the corrected stats and keep the phasers anyway.
2. Return the item for a full refund.
3. Keep using the item until you obtain a replacement, then return them for a full refund anyway.

Now, I fail to see how this is unfair to you in anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
So now Romulans can't use T5 Fed of Klingon ships? Awesome, Thank You Sir can I have another LOL.
This is what people asked for. I, for one, support this move: It preserves factional identity on both sides, rather than completely destroying the point of playing the original factions when Romulans can get it all, and still allows the choice in which C-Store toys you want in a reasonable and canonically supported manner: Through the sale of obsolete crap ships.

You cannot very well blame Cryptic for giving the people what they shouted about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
Actually this makes sense and I approve of this move. I just figured the juxtaposition of the progressing Romulan nerfs may jar some out of their "I have a sandwich so he can't be starving" forum mindsets.
The Romulans aren't even DONE yet. Any change for any reason cannot therefore be considered a nerf, as there is no baseline from which to nerf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
People in Law Enforcement have few "friends" as such.
I do not think it is your career that precludes your having friends as it is your horrible attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
My Fleet is occupied by a few relatives that have RL families that preclude them from playing video games. I maintain their ships and level their Toons when I can so they benefit from the fun and not the "work" part of this MMO.
This particular statement gives further reason to question your judgement, since, while rarely ever enforced, such behavior is technically considered to be against the TOS, and as such, it is not really wise to admit this in a public venue where it can be indelibly quoted like this...

Does your experience in Law Enforcement tell you that it is a good idea to admit to committing crimes in public?
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,416
# 36
04-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post

Getting a cough drop in exchange for a Ferrari is not an adiquate refund, no contradictions there.

.
Of course a cough drop wouldn't a proper refund, unless you paid for the car with a cough drop.

That's what's called a "full refund" you got back all the money you sank into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 354
# 37
04-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Wont shut up about socialism; blabs about getting litigious and whines for government regulation and protection against unfair business practices.

You could probably wrap Upton Sinclair's grave in copper wire right now and power the entire Eastern seaboard indefinitely.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,875
# 38
04-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Hah. Me? Fanboy. You jest, sir.

The fact of the matter is that you were given 3 choices:
1. Accept the corrected stats and keep the phasers anyway.
2. Return the item for a full refund.
3. Keep using the item until you obtain a replacement, then return them for a full refund anyway.

Now, I fail to see how this is unfair to you in anyway.

This is what people asked for. I, for one, support this move: It preserves factional identity on both sides, rather than completely destroying the point of playing the original factions when Romulans can get it all, and still allows the choice in which C-Store toys you want in a reasonable and canonically supported manner: Through the sale of obsolete crap ships.

You cannot very well blame Cryptic for giving the people what they shouted about.

The Romulans aren't even DONE yet. Any change for any reason cannot therefore be considered a nerf, as there is no baseline from which to nerf.

I do not think it is your career that precludes your having friends as it is your horrible attitude.

This particular statement gives further reason to question your judgement, since, while rarely ever enforced, such behavior is technically considered to be against the TOS, and as such, it is not really wise to admit this in a public venue where it can be indelibly quoted like this...

Does your experience in Law Enforcement tell you that it is a good idea to admit to committing crimes in public?
I'd agree with the Romulan ship part of your post, if I could use something other than a DREADNOUGHT at T5.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,919
# 39
04-22-2013, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
Actually I just mounted my Orange Fleet Phasers and continue to have at it.

I can hear myself think, It's a higher life form trait, and what is perceived as whining from those less evolved and thus unable to understand is actually intelligent unbiased (non fanboy) observations.

So now Romulans can't use T5 Fed of Klingon ships? Awesome, Thank You Sir can I have another LOL.

Actually this makes sense and I approve of this move. I just figured the juxtaposition of the progressing Romulan nerfs may jar some out of their "I have a sandwich so he can't be starving" forum mindsets.

Feel free to continue to hurl abuse if you can't understand however, It is a primate trait to hurl **** at what they can't understand.

People in Law Enforcement have few "friends" as such. My Fleet is occupied by a few relatives that have RL families that preclude them from playing video games. I maintain their ships and level their Toons when I can so they benefit from the fun and not the "work" part of this MMO.
You know someone has lost an argument when they throw either the racial supremacy or personal attack card.

Cryptic made an error with the andorian weapons. They corrected the issue and gave everyone the option for a full refund on the gear if you didn't like the change. In the long run, the change was very minor. You can hardly even notice the difference in performance. And we all knew the change was going to happen. Anyone who did the basic math could see that they had more base damage than intended.

It's a video game that you can play for free. None of your comparisons to cars hold any weight because cars and video games are nothing alike. Video games are in constant development, they are subject to change. There is a very very clear statement about that in the terms of service you accepted when you started playing this game. Cars are not under constant development. You don't see car companies showing up at your door to make changes to your vehicle.

As for your remark about having few friends. Have you ever stopped to think that it may have something to do with the way you act? Look at yourself in this thread. You are acting like you are racially superior to everyone that has a counter argument to what you say. Most people don't put up with that, you aren't any better or any worse than anyone here.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 509
# 40
04-22-2013, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
OK.

"MMO's are the equal sharing of misery." _ Thlaylie

I bet those ships will also be rank locked so even if you bought your fav Romulan ships now you will have to wait until you reach end rank on your Romulan Toon.

Starbase projects should have ALL the info pertaining to their costs and times listed up front in their descriptions.

Finally nothing should ever be nerfed. Do the work and fix everything else to make it balanced. Punishment should be delt to the one that made the mistake, not everyone else.

My MMO Over-site Committee idea has any company that wishes to market an MMO in the US putting the game ownership up as collateral. Failure to pay fines levied against the game in a reasonable time would forfeit the game ownership to the MMO Over-site Committee. Then they could fix it and run it correctly with no further violations.
I actually like this idea. My big questions is who would receive the fines and what would that money go to?
NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:42 AM.