Starfleet Veteran
# 81
05-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldorcguy View Post
Let's see, so far you've-
-demanded that give you more than a full refund for the item you purchased
-seem to think that you somehow have a right to dictate how the actual owners of STO should operate their business and use their property even though you don't actually own any of it
-seem to think their application of the terms of service you've already consented to is somehow unfair

Yeah, I'd say the only "communist" in this discussion would be you.
NEVER call a Veteran a communist. Just because people are some kind of lame bleeding heart liberalists that apologize for everything Cryptic does to them does not give anyone the right to make light of my opinion. If people are sad enough to let marketers walk all over them and just take what they are given that's their problem and the root of most of the problems in this world.

I will try to speak S l o w l y for those less fortunate than me in the gray matter dept:

The Phasers I had were CHANGED (This means to make different) to something less powerful than what I bought because some number cruncher made a mistake and because they are all friends there and have NO measurable management skills as well as stakes in their own personal Fleet being effected by these Phasers.

The refund was for the deficient (That means less powerful and not the same) Phasers I was left with and would not have purchased in the first place.

Chances are most will still not understand. Sadly this is an evolutionary marker and is indicative of the future of the human race. (Them not having any.)

Last edited by thlaylierah; 05-15-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 82
05-15-2013, 05:34 PM
On the one hand I can empathize with what thlaylierah is saying, you get what you paid for right?

But. . Being that it was Cryptic's fault for the mixing the XI with XII. He was offered a full refund and that refund was accepted. However the mistake made with the weapons should not have happened in the first place.

Yes I point the finger at Cryptic and for all good reason's too. In most cases I find that many of the "nerfs" that Cryptic has done suspicious, and what they deem as "game balance" questionable. That being said, they do screw up one thing or another practically almost all time.

As for thlaylierah, this is one of those things that you will have to learn to accept as a mistake that was made. Your clinging on to something (A loss) that you can never get back. While you are certainly free to whine about it on the forums, I really don't think that it will do you much good. Accept it for what it is and move on, you'll suffer less that way .
Ensign
# 83
05-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
NEVER call a Veteran a communist. Just because people are some kind of lame bleeding heart liberalists that apologize for everything Cryptic does to them does not give anyone the right to make light of my opinion. If people are sad enough to let marketers walk all over them and just take what they are given that's their problem and the root of most of the problems in this world.

I will try to speak S l o w l y for those less fortunate than me in the gray matter dept:

The Phasers I had were CHANGED (This means to make different) to something less powerful than what I bought because some number cruncher made a mistake and because they are all friends there and have NO measurable management skills as well as stakes in their own personal Fleet being effected by these Phasers.

The refund was for the deficient (That means less powerful and not the same) Phasers I was left with and would not have purchased in the first place.

Chances are most will still not understand. Sadly this is an evolutionary marker and is indicative of the future of the human race. (Them not having any.)
The "I'm a vet" card only works if the guy you are using it on isn't a vet as well. But hey, thanks for showing us your true feelings regarding the 1st Amendment. Apparently you believe your service to the state entitles you to sort of special treatment; including limiting other's rights to free expression.

As for your grey matter comment, not very wise given you're the one who apparently doesn't understand the definition for communist. Yeah, it's rather hard for Cryptic to be labeled communists based on actions firmly rooted in capitalism. Ranting about how a company (you don't own) should run its business (you don't own) and use its property (you don't own) in order to benefit you, on the other hand, sounds rather communistic to me.

Bottom line, if you don't want to be labeled as a communist, stop acting like one. Have a nice day comrade.
Ensign
# 84
05-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captyoung01 View Post
On the one hand I can empathize with what thlaylierah is saying, you get what you paid for right?

But. . Being that it was Cryptic's fault for the mixing the XI with XII. He was offered a full refund and that refund was accepted. However the mistake made with the weapons should not have happened in the first place.

Yes I point the finger at Cryptic and for all good reason's too. In most cases I find that many of the "nerfs" that Cryptic has done suspicious, and what they deem as "game balance" questionable. That being said, they do screw up one thing or another practically almost all time.

As for thlaylierah, this is one of those things that you will have to learn to accept as a mistake that was made. Your clinging on to something (A loss) that you can never get back. While you are certainly free to whine about it on the forums, I really don't think that it will do you much good. Accept it for what it is and move on, you'll suffer less that way .
If you read his comments, his real gripe is that one of Cryptic's methods of generating revenue (the time and resource sinks called fleet projects) eliminates his ability to be king of his own personal fleet and have access to all the toys of non-1 man fleets.
Commander
# 85
05-15-2013, 10:53 PM
business model is fine. not properly testing said application is fault. don't care about politics because they aren't willing to sacrifice personal luxuries in life for it.
Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!
Commander
# 86
05-20-2013, 10:34 AM
How about if they refund your weapons in both dilithium and zen, give you 50 billion free dilithium for your trouble, upgrade your fleet holdings to 5 for you for free, and boosts the stats of your weapons so you do 100,000,000,000 dps, is that the adequate compensation your looking for?
Commander
# 87
05-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermatrix View Post
How about if they refund your weapons in both dilithium and zen, give you 50 billion free dilithium for your trouble, upgrade your fleet holdings to 5 for you for free, and boosts the stats of your weapons so you do 100,000,000,000 dps, is that the adequate compensation your looking for?
He would just use his "superior" (and I use this term loosely) grey matter to find something else wrong with that.

On a more serious note, I can't believe this is still going...I've never seen anyone feel they are more entitled to anything than this guy and I've been around a long time...
Captain
# 88
05-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
LOL let me close by relating a RW story.

I own a Dodge truck and after making some venison goulash of one of the dumber bucks in the area I had a headlight replaced at the dealership because I was still under warranty.

Little did I know they were secretly thieves replacing OEM parts with cheap knockoffs. Mechanics being one of my hobbies, I caught them at it. They gave me a new headlight assembly which I found was a mislabeled Durango headlight assembly. When I went to return it they refused to give me the correct parts. I casually mentioned to a lawyer friend on one of my beats what they had done.

I now not only have racing headlights, but a waver from the city to have said headlights and that dealership? Well there's an empty lot there now.

Unfair business practices have a way of sneaking up on the perpetrators.

You were given a FULL REFUND. Your story about your headlights doesn't even come close to matching the phaser issue as you're not being ripped off, You were offered a full refund, YOU ACCEPTED the full refund.

You don't like that the MORE POWERFUL versions of the weapons cost more?

Too bad.
Ensign
# 89
05-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Hey OP,

You am much smater then me am. You haz such nice stuff in real life. Me am afraid of you, you sound real tough. Hope I don't runz into you in real life, you might hurt me with your interwebz muscles.

Me thanks for you, being a vet. Some one has to run supply for the guys in the field.

Me haz cheese sam'ich, so you cant be hungury!

And if you are sooo unhappy, since you state so in all your posts. Can I haz your stuff?
Lt. Commander
# 90
05-20-2013, 10:36 PM
Oh man. This thread... Amazing.

Leavin' with a big ol' grin.