Empire Veteran
# 1 3xBO Tactic
04-18-2013, 12:09 AM
I heard complaints and whatnot back in 2010/11 about this tactic. Likewise the whole "Durp your a stun bop lrn2ply" garbage.

*Note* Thread was changed from Hax to tactic... I think that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Cryptic/PWE doesn't think this is a cheat/exploit. Also most the people reporting/complaining about 3xBOs die after the 1st/2nd so QQ.

*Note 2* nope i'm doing something about it so are a lot of the other pvp fleets we all agree it's cheating when you have a bot run your maco's

*Note 3* either way you look at it's cheating and will be resloved soon enough i've talked to several dev's about it and they agree with me

*Note 4* like said it's being looked into by the dev's so it'll change

*Note 5* say whatever you want if's gonna change I promise you that

*Note 6* it's not the mechanics of the game either way you spin it pheo it's cheating when you fire 3 beam overload's from the same ship

*Note 7* Name omitted so I don't violate any TOS stuff.

* Apparently hitting numpad 0-9 - ctrl/alt + numpads = macro? Could have fooled me.

** I would love to know these PVP fleets. Hitting keys on the keyboard is HAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway going to explain how it's possible to execute 3 BOs in a short duration.

1 have 2xBO (or 1 copy /w tact init up)

2 wait for the 2nd run of BO to be low (5-10 tends to work for proper power buffing)

3 fire 2x BO, buff once off CD.

4 Get Marion so you have power or use eptw and weapon batt between BOs.

HAX explained. Try it yourself. It's not that hard.

kthxbai
-X-/Pandas - Pheo

Last edited by xtremenoob1; 04-19-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Thread name change
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
04-18-2013, 12:34 AM
hmm...nice spike damage XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 3
04-18-2013, 02:14 AM
I wonder how good this would be on a galx in combo with the phaser lance... 3 Bo's and lance....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Empire Veteran
# 4
04-18-2013, 02:45 AM
this was of course the first thing i thought of when i read about the doff in the lock box notes. i thought it would be too ax and never tried it my self though. took a wile but its actually not an uncommon thing to see now.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 5
04-18-2013, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
I wonder how good this would be on a galx in combo with the phaser lance... 3 Bo's and lance....
Considering the lance miss most of the item, I would say It would be as good as on any cruiser
Career Officer
# 6
04-18-2013, 03:53 AM
you can also add the romulan experimental beam array. You will need also the torp and console, then you can fire the plasma FAW with high dot and attack beta debuff. This attack does not drain weapons power, so nice add-on
Captain
# 7
04-18-2013, 03:55 AM
Quote:
About as good as running 3 BOs on a Sci ship with 3 torps up front and 25 weapons power
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Captain
# 8
04-18-2013, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
About as good as running 3 BOs on a Sci ship with 3 torps up front and 25 weapons power
Well that answers my next question lol.

But now I'm curious how a weapon power heavy sci ship with non and based high level sci powers would so with 1-2 dual beam banks (or however many banks are needed to pul this off)

Might be interesting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 9
04-18-2013, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Well that answers my next question lol.

But now I'm curious how a weapon power heavy sci ship with non and based high level sci powers would so with 1-2 dual beam banks (or however many banks are needed to pul this off)

Might be interesting...
Fleet Nova + Tet Glider + Flow Caps + BO 2 + RF 2 with 1 DBB and 2 Cannons + 3 Turrets. 100 (~113) Weapons power, 50 (~85) Aux + Energy Siphon 3.

It's loads of fun.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Captain
# 10
04-18-2013, 06:42 AM
A2B can sub for Tac Init. It will also bring your TB and DEM back up faster. And help overcap weapons power, you can even run a CRF that way.

If you're thinking of trying it, I currently run only 2 purple techs on double A2B but if the EPTx changes go live as is it will need to go back to 3.

BoP, Jem HEC, Vet ship, maybe D'Kora... I might be missing something, but right now those are the only ships I know that can run a double or triple tap BO, with APO and DEM/Marion up regularly and the turn rate to make it useful. Tor'kaht technically could, but it would be squishy.