Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 31
04-20-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
I choose to live in an alternate reality in which George Lucas sadly passed away in 1989, shortly after the release of The Last Crusade, and everything since then has just been part of someone else's bad dream.
Oh hey, I live in that universe too.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 32
04-20-2013, 05:09 PM
In mine, George is alive and well, and learned from fan response to his original trilogy that while coming up with a broad outline is all well and good, he should repeat what succeeded in the most popular SW movie, The Empire Strikes Back, and hire other people to write the script and direct. As a result, the prequel trilogy involved more interesting ideas than proving that Luke's father was every bit as whiny as he was, and no one ever heard the name "Jar-Jar Binks".
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Captain
# 33
04-20-2013, 08:43 PM
I live in the reality where in 1997 George Lucas watched the 5th Element and was so blown away he decided it was the new star wars (Chris Tucker was the first Jar Jar Binks). Later on Disney bought Lucas film due to some advice from mel Brooks: http://vimeo.com/33518305
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR