Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Gingerbread men?
12-08-2013, 06:58 AM
How does one attain one of the 'pet' gingerbread men? I've run the Winter Invasion about 15 times and only get common commodities. We always rescue the gingerbread men, collect the candy, defeat the yeti, and the snowman boss. Anyone..?
Ghost of Nimbus III. Commander of the R.R.W. Vengeance.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
12-08-2013, 06:59 AM
By opening the boxes you get on the end, I already got two.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
12-08-2013, 07:01 AM
How many races did you run before you got them in the reward box? Did anything special have to happen to get them?
Ghost of Nimbus III. Commander of the R.R.W. Vengeance.
Captain
# 4
12-08-2013, 07:05 AM
It's a random reward... you can run 1000 runs and get 1000... or none... all depends on your luck.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
12-08-2013, 07:05 AM
15 to 20, nothing special has to happen. On tip though; don't open two boxes after eachother, they tend to be te same . Has that couple of times already.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Career Officer
# 6
12-08-2013, 07:47 AM
All my alts have at least one gingerbread pet, my main has not got one. I now send the presents to my main to open, lol OH but my main does have 3 freaking lumps of coal.
DAY 5: Finally the problem is solved, no more "server not responding"!
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"
Career Officer
# 7
12-08-2013, 08:38 AM
I'm curious, and I come with two questions.

1) Last year, we had animated snowman pets per the Christmas Event. Following the event however, the animation for the snowmen stopped working. Is it going to be the same this year? If we all get a bunch of gingerbread men, are they going to stop being animated come the end of the festive season?

2) In one of the Dev Blogs, it mentions six different variants. Two of which are Orion and Andorian. What are the other four?
Career Officer
# 8
12-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
2) In one of the Dev Blogs, it mentions six different variants. Two of which are Orion and Andorian. What are the other four?
If they correspond to the ones in the gingerbread village it's Orion (got one), male Andorian, female Andorian, male Vulcan (got one), female Vulcan and Klingon.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
12-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralm0tt View Post
How many races did you run before you got them in the reward box?
It's random, see. And the way that works means:

For some of my characters, they've done the event 20 times and still don't have one. Others got one the first time they ran it.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 10
12-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
1) Last year, we had animated snowman pets per the Christmas Event. Following the event however, the animation for the snowmen stopped working. Is it going to be the same this year? If we all get a bunch of gingerbread men, are they going to stop being animated come the end of the festive season?
The answer is mentioned in the item/ "power" description for the Gingerbread pet -- they are only animated during the Winter Event. Since the Winter Event is running, your snowman pet is also animated upon summon during the duration of the event.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment