Captain
# 111
04-18-2013, 08:59 AM
Not worth it. $125, not payable in existing Zen (12.5K Z value), for 4 ships (10K Z), a race (worthless, since this option is allegedly given free in-game already), and some assorted gewgaws worth no more than 500Z. 10.5K < 12.5K, therefore, ripoff.

On top of that, you don't even know if you want any of that, since they give you absolutely no numbers. This pushes it even further down on the "ripoff" continuum to damn near "scam" level.
Commander
# 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by king3006 View Post
Dear Sir/Madam.

I have been a lifetime member for STO-Online and paid a good amount of money for but what i don't understand is why Lifetime memeber's have to pay more for the Romulan Pack should not be free for Lifetime members who paid good money for the game ?
Do we get all C-store items free or at a discount because we are lifetime members and paid a good amount of money into the game? No, we don't. So why should we get all of these C-store items free or at a discount?
Captain
# 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
If they had been offering a Romulan Carrier in the Legacy Pack, I might have been singing a different tune.
There's still a lot of unknowns in terms of ship stats. One of them may end up being at least an HEC/Flight Deck cruiser.
Captain
# 114
04-18-2013, 09:00 AM
My big question is whether Remans are still going to be unlocked through the New Romulus reputation system or if that has been reneged upon.

Secondly, does this mean that Reman ship textures/materials are tied to the playable race? or is it something exclusive to the Legacy pack?

Last edited by szerontzur; 04-18-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Career Officer
# 115
04-18-2013, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by king3006 View Post
Dear Sir/Madam.

I have been a lifetime member for STO-Online and paid a good amount of money for but what i don't understand is why Lifetime memeber's have to pay more for the Romulan Pack should not be free for Lifetime members who paid good money for the game ?
Why do you think that you're entitled to Cryptic's hard work for free?

Yes, I said free: we paid for the game at launch. This is major new content. Why shouldn't we pay for the major new content?
Captain
# 116
04-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Not to mention C-Store ships are account bound. Whereas fleet ships are one-off purchases.
Unless the Romlings play wildly different to their fed/kdf class counterparts or have a really good bonus regarding doffing, I plan to only make a tac - the other classes are more or less irrelevant currently - especially as a tac buffs science damage beyond anything an actual sci can pull off
Commander
# 117
04-18-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
Well then its a great purchase for you since you plan to buy everything in it anyway. lol

I'm just hoping I get my pre-orders honored, I have the Lib Borg Boff and Joined Trill (unlikely, but really hoping we get joined trill captains)

I'm waiting for more info myself, before I make the purchase.
To play devils advocate here. When we got the Liberated Borg BOff and Joined Trill they were advertised as for the Federation and for the Klingons. Nothing said of Romulans. Nothing said as for any new factions added sometime in the future of the game. You've got what you paid for. Federation and Klingon versions of the Liberated Borg BOff and Joined Trill playable species.
Career Officer
# 118
04-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Just saw this while checking the page.

Really looking forward to this, guys. Thanks for all your hard work!

Shutup Wesley: First In Everything
Lt. Commander
# 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
if they make the pack more romulan and less remen I be ok with it remens should be on a black rock mining dill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, no, only the Romulans truly deserve to be on a black rock mining dilithium.
And hell! You know what the funny thing is? They actually are! Mwahaha!
The Romulans have become weak with handouts and a peace loving hippy leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bernard Shaw
There are no secrets except the secrets that keep themselves.
Career Officer
# 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarium1979 View Post
To play devils advocate here. When we got the Liberated Borg BOff and Joined Trill they were advertised as for the Federation and for the Klingons. Nothing said of Romulans. Nothing said as for any new factions added sometime in the future of the game. You've got what you paid for. Federation and Klingon versions of the Liberated Borg BOff and Joined Trill playable species.
Since the idea of Romulans were never even on the table at launch. It's perfectly fine to ask these questions. LTS members were given Liberated Borg for all existing factions. It would be silly not to offer the same things for Romulans. If we were to get a new player who is only interested in playing Romulans. LTS would hold little interest for them, not to say it doesn't already hold little interest in purchasing now. lol
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Closed Thread