Career Officer
# 131
04-18-2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daroska View Post
No, no, only the Romulans truly deserve to be on a black rock mining dilithium.
And hell! You know what the funny thing is? They actually are! Mwahaha!
The Romulans have become weak with handouts and a peace loving hippy leader.

first chance I get im going to give D'tan a nice pat on the back romulan style !!!!
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.

Last edited by daan2006; 04-18-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 132
04-18-2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
The price of a game is usually 60 bucks.

The price of expansions in the past have ranged from 25 to 60 bucks.

Those would be fair prices.

125 bucks is way over the top for a pack related to an expansion.
But you don't need the pack at all, you get everything you need for Free, and everything you want has a price.

Captain
# 133
04-18-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Not worth it. $125, not payable in existing Zen (12.5K Z value), for 4 ships (10K Z), a race (worthless, since this option is allegedly given free in-game already), and some assorted gewgaws worth no more than 500Z. 10.5K < 12.5K, therefore, ripoff.

On top of that, you don't even know if you want any of that, since they give you absolutely no numbers. This pushes it even further down on the "ripoff" continuum to damn near "scam" level.
Fighter: $5.00
T1: $5.00
T2: $7.50
T3: $10.00
T4: $15.00
4 T5: $80.00

30 Keys: $33.75

That's $156.25 before adding in the cost of the Playable Captain, Account-Wide Boff, Doff Pack, Uniform, titles, etc.

As far as stats, those will come later in blogs. You can expect them to be similar to current C-Store ships. For example, the T1 ship will be just like a Rom T1 ship, but it will come with a special console and an additional Boff slot - just as current T1 Fed ships get.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lieutenant
# 134
04-18-2013, 08:20 AM
Well I have to say I purchased the Pack as soon as I seen it.

I Used to be a hard core STO player, now im just semi Casual, I did buy a lifetime Sub, Thankfully now 3 years later it has paid for itself then some.

I wasnt too sure about the 130 dollar Romulan pack, Damn thats a lot of money, But I do Love trek and I Really have high expectations for this romulan expansion, And the way I see it. Yeah you can do this stuff for Free, But if you don't invest into it (buying the packs) then your not going to get much out of it if the company doesn't make money.

So I bought the pack. Yay Extra Ships, and hopefully Cryptic keeps us entertained with good missions....

(Prays that this romulan expansion is as good as i hope)
Republic Veteran
# 135
04-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud197 View Post
Well I have to say I purchased the Pack as soon as I seen it.

I Used to be a hard core STO player, now im just semi Casual, I did buy a lifetime Sub, Thankfully now 3 years later it has paid for itself then some.

I wasnt too sure about the 130 dollar Romulan pack, Damn thats a lot of money, But I do Love trek and I Really have high expectations for this romulan expansion, And the way I see it. Yeah you can do this stuff for Free, But if you don't invest into it (buying the packs) then your not going to get much out of it if the company doesn't make money.

So I bought the pack. Yay Extra Ships, and hopefully Cryptic keeps us entertained with good missions....

(Prays that this romulan expansion is as good as i hope)
Wish I had that faith....I can't throw money like that till I get more information.

Captain
# 136
04-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
But you don't need the pack at all, you get everything you need for Free, and everything you want has a price.
I don't need the pack. So no worries from me. I was just responding to the question of what I thought a fair price would be.

125 bucks is over double the cost of the game itself when it launched. The pack doesn't offer enough stuff to make that a fair price.

60 bucks would be a much fairer price just going off of what games cost these days. I'm not exactly talking crazy here am I? 60 bucks for all that stuff would be a fair price when you consider you very next game purchase is likely to cost ... 60 bucks.
Empire Veteran
# 137
04-18-2013, 08:23 AM
So what does the May expansion hold for RSE play if this is being offered?
Does one have to buy the packs or miss out?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Republic Veteran
# 138
04-18-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
I don't need the pack. So no worries from me. I was just responding to the question of what I thought a fair price would be.

125 bucks is over double the cost of the game itself. The pack doesn't offer enough stuff to make that a fair price.

60 bucks would be a much fairer price just going off of what games cost these days. I'm not exactly talking crazy here am I? 60 bucks for all that stuff would be a fair price when you consider you very next game purchase is likely to cost ... 60 bucks.
But you're not paying for the game , you're paying for items from the C store in a bundle has nothing to do with buying a game....it's like when you buy a 60 dollar game, and then buy more DLC....but in this case the game is free but the DLC is not.

Republic Veteran
# 139
04-18-2013, 08:27 AM
One thing I would like to see is different packs. As in different combinations of ships and the amount of ships at different prices. Its a big jump form $20 to $125. I might consider another option if it was offered in between the 2 if it was available. Otherwise I might just go with the starter pack after a bit more thinking.
Captain
# 140
04-18-2013, 08:27 AM
The one "bummer" in this pack is the playable Reman species. Most people have or are near tier 5 in Romulan rep, and I just don't see all that many people new to STO buying this pack (and certainly not for the Reman species).
Closed Thread