Career Officer
# 151
04-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
I paid for the game when it came out. Like I paid for all these other games populating my hard drive or sitting in boxes next to my Xbox.

60 bucks is a fair price for a bundled package that contains as little as that package contains.

It's the cost of a whole game. Or an expensive expansion.
On the other hand, what do you think is paying for the cost of 'Legacy'... With F2P, the vast majority of players aren't contributing a dime to support STO...
Career Officer
# 152
04-18-2013, 08:37 AM
125 dollars, its cheap!!
I love the ships. I love the bonuses.
Thank you Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 153
04-18-2013, 08:37 AM
Brandon, could you drop a suggestion to add in a character slot or two? Or are there already plans to give a free slot on the 21st? I have all of my free slots used up and one of my two bought slots used up as well... meaning I have one slot to make a male Romulan, female Romulan, Male Reman and Female Reman........
Career Officer
# 154
04-18-2013, 08:38 AM
I don't understand why o'so many people always i mean "always" goes off the handle before actually checking out the facts...

I admit, when I first saw the news of the legacy pack I sorta had the same idea, but before going off the handle i thought I should investigate first...

I'm guessing its to much to ask for people to check first, go off handle later?
"Better were the days when mastery o' space came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures... but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. Ye all know thi's to be true!"
Career Officer
# 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We have a Dev Blog planned that will reveal our LTS/ Veteran/ Gold rewards -- we're still going over the details internally, but we'll have it out as soon as everything is finalized. I will make sure that we get it posted in plenty of time before the "limited time" price goes away.
I really wish the blog explaining this was released first, it would avoid a ton of confusion and rage.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtciscoinsa View Post
There is no way i am paying 125 dollars for this game.its crazy...

I buy guild wars 2..and I get teh whole game..gaming is getting more expensive than drinking and partying

this is crazy....125!!!!!

I just dont agree with it..its too much

I am done.
I think Cryptic/Pwe think we are all very rich,or lottery winners perhaps.
Yes they are a business,but items which are heavily overpriced is a big NO! NO!
The economy of this world is not good at all,and we do not have endless pots of cash to spend on cryptic/pwe.
Devs,wake up and smell the coffee. How about cheaper more affordable prices.
Survivor of Romulus
# 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
On the other hand, what do you think is paying for the cost of 'Legacy'... With F2P, the vast majority of players aren't contributing a dime to support STO...
Yeah, but the whales PWE is milking through the C-Store are doing a fine enough job supporting the game. If Cryptic didn't think they could support an expansion, they wouldn't have started working on one--let alone continue developing it to launch.

That's how F2P works: a very small, very spend-happy group of people subsidizing the rest of us.
Captain
# 158
04-18-2013, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
This is just a bundle of z-store ships and other stuff. You can easily spend more then that just buying a some of the Fed or KDF z-store ships.
Word from Bran is you can't buy this pack with just Zen. So technically all those thousands and thousands of posts from the past that said hey you can buy that Fed ship with Zen you get from Dil grinding so you don't spend a single dollar, may not apply to this legacy pack. Meaning it's 125 bucks, or nada.

Still waiting for more details about that, but, if that's the case then that does indeed separate this from other purchases. As Cosmic above points out the ships and stuff could cost 181 bucks ala carte. But going by the old ways of using dil to get zen, something Cosmic could probably write a guide about, that 181 bucks worth of stuff can all be bought from farming. I'm not sure the 125 buck package can be bought from farming.

As it stands, the OP is right. 125 bucks is overpriced. It just is.
Captain
# 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
There's not much point to the debate. The people who have $125.00 and want to buy the C-Store items at a discount can. The people who want to buy it all later for $181.00 can. It's not a reason for people to get all excited, aggressive, or defensive. It's just a C-Store pre-order discount Pack.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Also, I will say that at launch, Romulans will not have a 1000-day Veteran ship available; however, we are planning to address this as soon as possible.
By address, do you mean "make a 1,000 day ship available"? Because if not, BOOO!
Closed Thread