Career Officer
I am a gaming afficiando with a job. I also love to read and have many other interests. So, I don't see my choices of recreation as mutually exclusive. I hold active elite subs to all the MMOs listed. I am currently contemplating my next marginal entertainment investment.

MMO #1, produced by a company based in Irvine, CA
-$50 to unlock all content
-$15/mo
-No marginal cost for any functional content
-Some vanity items for ~$15/ea
-At least 500% more content than STO
-Better graphics than STO
-Basically no software bugs and very few hardware bugs (occasional issues with some TCP/IP configurations, Macs, and Nvidia video cards)

MMO #2, produced by a company based in Seoul, Korea

-All content is F2P
-Elite status is $15/mo
-No marginal cost for any functional content
-Many vanity items for ~$3-10/ea
-At least 200% more content than STO
-VASTLY better graphics than STO
-Basically no bugs
-VASTLY better boobs than STO

MMO #3, produced by a company based in Bellevue, WA

-All content is F2P
-Elite status is $50, one-time fee
-Many vanity items for many different prices
-At least 100% more content than STO
-VASTLY better graphics than STO
-Almost no bugs
-Boobs are far worse than STO or any of its competitors because the game was written by feminists

STO
-One faction is F2P
-Elite status is $150, Legacy status is $125
-Many functional items for $10-50 ea
-Less content than any near competitor
-Worse content than any near competitor
-Many, many bugs
-Graphical/gameplay quality is most similar to the predecessor of MMO #3, which is B2P for $49, one-time.

I am employed as a bookkeeper and operations manager. I am in a MSA/CPA program in the Cincinnati area.

Please - cost-justify this to me. I'm listening.

Last edited by aestu; 04-18-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Captain
# 272
04-18-2013, 10:13 AM
The Legacy Pack is a C-Store Pack. It's not required to play Roms - Roms get free T1 through T5 ships just as KDF and Feds do. The pack is just offering a discount on all the C-Store ships by getting the bundle rather then buying them individually - assuming you wanted to buy them.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 273
04-18-2013, 10:13 AM
[quote=stark2k;9281031]

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
If they are available for c-store purchase, then it's not so bad. I thought they were exclusive to the pack and thus, unattainable through other means.
The ONLY items exclusive to the packs are the Titles, Survivor of Romulus, Rihannsu, and Survivor of Remus. Those and [COLOR="rgb(46, 139, 87)"]ONLY[/color] those are available only in the packs. Everything else, including your playable Remans will be in the C-store at launch and can be purchased there with Zen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captiandata1 View Post
why pay for things in to romulan big legacy pack when i most only want to romula d'direx class battle warbird and the tos romulan warbird of prey which in not in either the big romulan legacy pack or the starter romulan pack.

why is the 2150's romulan warbird of prey is more popular then the tos romulan bird of prey?
The Tier 5 D'Deridex is in the Legacy pack. The TOS bird of Prey is listed in a previous blog as the T'liss class, and is Free at Tier 1.

As to why The 2150 beats TOS. I am guessing the more streamlined design. but that could just be me. To be honest, I am not a fan of most of the TOS series ship designs. they were awesome in the 60's but they seem dated to me.
Career Officer
# 274
04-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Any word on what LTS will get?
Empire Veteran
# 275
04-18-2013, 10:15 AM
trying to wait for a answer on the 3 important questions regarding the gameplay.

cloak bugg has me reallly worried about the romulan gameplay.

im not pitching 130 usd unless i know cloak bugg is gone for good.
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Captain
# 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
No. You buy the items as a bundle for $125.00 or you buy them individually for $181.00.
That's if you end up buying everything. I probably won't buy 125 worth of the stuff individually of what I want. So 125 is out of the question.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Republic Veteran
# 277
in before the merge

Career Officer
# 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The Legacy Pack is a C-Store Pack. It's not required to play Roms - Roms get free T1 through T5 ships just as KDF and Feds do. The pack is just offering a discount on all the C-Store ships by getting the bundle rather then buying them individually - assuming you wanted to buy them.
Your response has nothing to do with my post.

This is an MMO. Any content that exists for any player affects the balance of all players.
Captain
# 279
04-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman650 View Post
Any word on what LTS will get?
An LTS FAQ is being worked on. It will be released at a later date.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 280
04-18-2013, 10:16 AM
post the games to prove your point, not just a block of text.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Closed Thread