Career Officer
# 331
04-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
the price of the bundle is less than the combined value.

Price =/= value

Just because some pixels cost X amount on Z-store doesn't mean they're worth a dime
Captain
# 332
04-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
Price =/= value

Just because some pixels cost X amount on Z-store doesn't mean they're worth a dime
And it doesn't mean they're not worth a dime to some people.

In other words, just because it has no value to you doesn't mean it has no value to others. You don't get to speak for everyone. You simply get to decide what you want to do with your own money.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 333
04-18-2013, 11:00 AM
Quote:
money to reinvest into the company like how all smart companies operate)
Price =/= value

Revenue =/= investment

Quote:
less utility rather than more
All utility in a MMO is zero sum

A new P2W item diminishes all existing utility and is a zero sum to the net worth of the game
Career Officer
# 334
04-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
You don't get to speak for everyone.
Relativism is the last resort of a frustrated debater

Cost-comparison with other MMOs and similar products make it clear the items are overpriced by at least a factor of ten

Quote:
In other words, just because it has no value to you doesn't mean it has no value to others.

There's one born every minute
Captain
# 335
04-18-2013, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Price =/= value

You are right. But it is called price comparision. If you looked at the cost of all those items in the Legacy pack, and compared them with the projected cost of the items based on what is currently offered in the C-store you get around 181 dollars (I forget the exact amount. But thecosmic1 did the math). That gives it a 56 dollar value.

Yes, that value is based on the idea that you want all the items in the pack and would be willing to pay for it. If you are not, then it is worthless, but that isn't on cryptic that is on you, it is up to you to decide if the price is worth it, that doesn't make the bundle any less of a deal.
Captain
# 336
Quote:
Relativism is the last resort of a frustrated debater

Cost-comparison with other MMOs and similar products make it clear the items are overpriced by at least a factor of ten
Then don't buy it.
Captain
# 337
Quote:
In other words, just because it has no value to you doesn't mean it has no value to others. You don't get to speak for everyone. You simply get to decide what you want to do with your own money.
hey there will always be "people" who will want to be paid to play

btw movies are virtual and yet people pay for them and dont b**ch all day.
Starfleet Veteran
# 338 LoR Pack
04-18-2013, 11:06 AM

I wanted the pack but $125 is tooooooo much. Are all those items exclusive to the pack?

I really want some of the things, and am willing to pay single items for when the time comes.
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...

Last edited by jumpingjs; 04-18-2013 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Grammar correction
Republic Veteran
# 339
04-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We have a Dev Blog planned that will reveal our LTS/ Veteran/ Gold rewards -- we're still going over the details internally, but we'll have it out as soon as everything is finalized. I will make sure that we get it posted in plenty of time before the "limited time" price goes away.

Also, I will say that at launch, Romulans will not have a 1000-day Veteran ship available; however, we are planning to address this as soon as possible.

Exactly! It allows players to pre-order Romulan Ships (and other extras) at a bundled, discounted rate. All of the items (except titles) are currently planned to be available in the C-Store at launch, so you can take advantage of the Dilithium Exchange to obtain them.

Also, the current pricing will only be available for a limited time, so expect it to go up. I don't have a date yet for the price increase.

Not the pack itself, no. Please see the answer above.

Here is the answer from the FAQ: "Consoles that are from Tier 1-4 Romulan ships can ONLY be transferred to other Romulan ships, and consoles that are from T5 Romulan ships can only be used on the specific ship they came on*."

*If there is a T5 Fleet Version of the ship, it should be able to be transfered to it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Do you know how much forum rage this might save you if they would just come out and say all this in the announcement thus making it clearer? Imagine the headaches it would save you having to sort it out later. I mean they have to know people are going to ask these kinds of questions.

@Captain_Shephard - Join Date Status: Assimilated - Twitter: @RogueJawa

Set your course and come chart a new adventure in Star Trek Online with Priority One.
Email us here to join the official fleet of STO's premier podcast.
Republic Veteran
# 340
04-18-2013, 11:07 AM
I actually would buy the legacy pack if the romulan faction was a stand alone 3rd faction, but it's not so i'm keeping my wallet closed.
Closed Thread