Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 410
# 341
04-18-2013, 11:07 AM
From what I understand, everything in the pack (possibly with the exception of the titles) will be available to purchase on the c-store when Legacy Launches.

The packs are just a way to get everything at a discount.
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 342
04-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptshephard View Post
Do you know how much forum rage this might save you if they would just come out and say all this in the announcement thus making it clearer? Imagine the headaches it would save you having to sort it out later. I mean they have to know people are going to ask these kinds of questions.
The reaction that this pack is getting makes it fairly clear how little effort people put into research, and how much they put into knee-jerk reacting.

The information has been out there almost as soon as the bundle was announced. But that hasn't stopped people from completely (and in my opinion unjustly) freaking out about it.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 447
# 343
04-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
But it is called price comparision. That gives it a 56 dollar value. Yes, that value is based on the idea that you want all the items in the pack and would be willing to pay for it.
wrong

that "value" is based on the premise that price = value

there is one born every minute, there are always fools willing to pay more than something is worth, if your product is marketed to fools it's because it sucks

comparison to other, objectively superior mmo products makes it clear the legacy pack is grossly overpriced


"Don't improve the product, just find dumber customers!"
-Bob the Dinosaur, Dilbert
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,507
# 344
04-18-2013, 11:10 AM
Saw this on another game's forum that I frequent that also has people complaining on prices. Felt it was appropriate over here.

Quote:
Stay with me here, this is going to be complicated...

Then. Don't.
Still with me?
Don't. Buy. It.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 447
# 345
04-18-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
research
you are talking in cliches but your statement is false

marketwide cost comparison as I linked two pages ago demonstrates STO charges much more for much less content with more bugs, less reliable servers and more primitive gfx/gameplay than its immediate competitors
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 62
# 346
04-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
Relativism is the last resort of a frustrated debater

So is making assertions without any attempt to back them up.
Quote:
Cost-comparison with other MMOs and similar products make it clear the items are overpriced by at least a factor of ten
How on Earth did you calculate that?
Quote:
There's one born every minute
Oh good, I was really wondering what your judgement was regarding people who buy C-Store items.

And honestly, the true sign of a frustrated debater is a clear inability to see any other viewpoint but his/her own.

Last edited by mrsladewilson; 04-18-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 478
# 347
04-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
I am a gaming afficiando with a job. I also love to read and have many other interests. So, I don't see my choices of recreation as mutually exclusive. I hold active elite subs to all the MMOs listed. I am currently contemplating my next marginal entertainment investment.

MMO #1, produced by a company based in Irvine, CA
-$50 to unlock all content
-$15/mo
-No marginal cost for any functional content
-Some vanity items for ~$15/ea
-At least 500% more content than STO
-Better graphics than STO
-Basically no software bugs and very few hardware bugs (occasional issues with some TCP/IP configurations, Macs, and Nvidia video cards)

MMO #2, produced by a company based in Seoul, Korea

-All content is F2P
-Elite status is $15/mo
-No marginal cost for any functional content
-Many vanity items for ~$3-10/ea
-At least 200% more content than STO
-VASTLY better graphics than STO
-Basically no bugs
-VASTLY better boobs than STO

MMO #3, produced by a company based in Bellevue, WA

-All content is F2P
-Elite status is $50, one-time fee
-Many vanity items for many different prices
-At least 100% more content than STO
-VASTLY better graphics than STO
-Almost no bugs
-Boobs are far worse than STO or any of its competitors because the game was written by feminists

STO
-One faction is F2P
-Elite status is $150, Legacy status is $125
-Many functional items for $10-50 ea
-Less content than any near competitor
-Worse content than any near competitor
-Many, many bugs
-Graphical/gameplay quality is most similar to the predecessor of MMO #3, which is B2P for $49, one-time.

I am employed as a bookkeeper and operations manager. I am in a MSA/CPA program in the Cincinnati area.

Please - cost-justify this to me. I'm listening.
Offhand, I knew that this was going to be merged with the other thread.

Onhand, your "model" with STO isn't exactly fair. STO has two (2, and I mean 2 factions naysayers) that are free 2 play. By the way, what is Elite status supposed to be ?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 883
# 348
04-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
wrong

that "value" is based on the premise that price = value

there is one born every minute, there are always fools willing to pay more than something is worth, if your product is marketed to fools it's because it sucks

comparison to other, objectively superior mmo products makes it clear the legacy pack is grossly overpriced


"Don't improve the product, just find dumber customers!"
-Bob the Dinosaur, Dilbert
And what is this "objectively superior mmo products"? I compared it to Current C-store items of the same category. So you are saying EVERYTHING in the C-store is overpriced? What about lifetime subscriptions, are those overpriced?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 447
# 349
04-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
Then. Don't.
Still with me?
Don't. Buy. It.
a company in irvine said that

then they lost about 3 million subs

so, your argument boils down to you want STO to fail? or what are you trying to say?
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 62
# 350
04-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
wrong

that "value" is based on the premise that price = value

there is one born every minute, there are always fools willing to pay more than something is worth, if your product is marketed to fools it's because it sucks

comparison to other, objectively superior mmo products makes it clear the legacy pack is grossly overpriced


"Don't improve the product, just find dumber customers!"
-Bob the Dinosaur, Dilbert
Ah.

Abuse.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:14 AM.