Captain
# 501
04-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngazman View Post
Sorry, but can someone clarify - when does this promotion end?
No one knows - but it's been asked in the FAQ thread, so I'd assume we'll know in the near future.

A reasonable guess would be May 21, though.
Rihannsu
# 502
04-18-2013, 12:51 PM
The thing I find best about this is that if you pony up the $125 for these ships you get nine ships but no free ship slots. So if you want to use all nine ships you'll have to purchase more slots which will likely net even more money in Cryptic's pocket.
Captain
# 503
04-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngazman View Post
Sorry, but can someone clarify - when does this promotion end?
I don't believe an official date has been given, but it's safe to assume the pre-order will be here until LoR goes live on the 21st. At that time all the items will go into the C-Store and be their full price.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 504
04-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captsol View Post
The thing I find best about this is that if you pony up the $125 for these ships you get nine ships but no free ship slots. So if you want to use all nine ships you'll have to purchase more slots which will likely net even more money in Cryptic's pocket.
If you are Silver, then yes, you would need to purchase more slots. But you can always just dismiss the C-Store ships and recall them whenever you like.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by captsol View Post
Not everybody keeps all their lower-tier ships when they level up, and not everybody will use all of these ships on the same character. But still a point well taken.
Republic Veteran
# 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
Sure they say the expansion is 100% free but there're trying to make us pay for it in other ways.
That is the fiscal model that F2P games use, yes.
Captain
# 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I don't believe an official date has been given, but it's safe to assume the pre-order will be here until LoR goes live on the 21st. At that time all the items will go into the C-Store and be their full price.
This is a logical answer, and sounds reasonable.

We can, in my opinion, safely assume that the discount offer will end when LoR gets released.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Empire Veteran
# 508
04-18-2013, 12:53 PM
All these people freaking out about the Legacy Pack. Here you go guys, I found you all some theme music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVZh4WcdC3s
"Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame."
Better dead than Fed!
Rihannsu
# 509
04-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
If you are Silver, then yes, you would need to purchase more slots. But you can always just dismiss the C-Store ships and recall them whenever you like.
Right, but for those that want to use all nine at once for whatever reason there's still that issue.
Lt. Commander
# 510
04-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabuboria View Post
Too bad gifs are not allowed here...so many ring true to this ripoff

ah well, LTS was good while it lasted, at least we know the new trend.

Expansion = not free, even though we say it is but really we all know it isn't we just love to lie mwahahaha
How is a discount bundle a ripoff?
Closed Thread