Captain
# 511
04-18-2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captsol View Post
Right, but for those that want to use all nine at once for whatever reason there's still that issue.
Yeah, but that's a Silver issue, not a C-Store issue. You can be Silver and own 10 Fed C-Store ships. That doesn't mean you get to keep them all in your active inventory.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 512
04-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Those aren't refits. They're functionally different vessels that come with substantially different boff seating and appearances. The original refits (Galaxy, Defiant and Intrepid) didn't add new appearances.
True, we don't know the route they went with the Romulan ships though, They could go for the 20$ style, or they could go with the Sovereign style +1, at $25. That's why I said they could do the 20$ ships. I think they will go the +1 route because it will make them more money in the long run. The original retrofits did add new consoles though, ablative armor for the intrepid, cloaking for the defiant, and saucer separation for the galaxy.

We'll just have to wait and see.
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Supporter of Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 513
04-18-2013, 01:02 PM
125$ for some ships that we know nothing?i know you (cryptic) thinks about us that we are all only RP players who don't care about gameplay and chalange, but that is not true!

this looks like a second plan for cryptic to make sure that they get their investment back. it looks like they are not sure if the new expansion will be good or bad.

ps: this is not flame or trolling! is only my opinion and i hope this post will remain here this time.

If we all live in boxes that doesn't mean my box is the same color like yours
Captain
# 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Not everybody keeps all their lower-tier ships when they level up, and not everybody will use all of these ships on the same character. But still a point well taken.
But not all of these ships are top tier ships either. They ARE levelling ships, some at least.

I maintain that in my opinion 125 bucks is overpriced for the conent being given in the package.

When asked what I thought a fair price would be, I said 60 bucks. I stick by my opinion on the pricing.

I'm not planning to play enough Romulan alts to really consider purchasing this even at 60 bucks. So really this isn't that big an issue for me.

I just think, wow, 125 bucks? For pixels? That's too rich for my interest.
Republic Veteran
# 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by akpa View Post
125$ for some ships that we know nothing?i know you (cryptic) thinks about us that we are all only RP players who don't care about gameplay and chalange, but that is not true!

this looks like a second plan for cryptic to make sure that they get their investment back. it looks like they are not sure if the new expansion will be good or bad.

ps: this is not flame or trolling! is only my opinion and i hope this post will remain here this time.
They've already stated there will be a dev blog with stats soon.
Captain
# 516
04-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akpa View Post

The ship information will be in upcoming blogs. You don't need to buy the packs today. It's not ending today. You have time to make an informed decision as to whether or now you will eventually want to buy one of the C-Store packs.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Republic Veteran
# 517
04-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptshephard View Post
Do you know how much forum rage this might save you if they would just come out and say all this in the announcement thus making it clearer? Imagine the headaches it would save you having to sort it out later. I mean they have to know people are going to ask these kinds of questions.
These are the STO forums, nothing they do or say in any way would quell or negate forum rage.

I've read at least 10 posts in this thread that claims that this means there are no free Romulan ships, and at least 5 posts confused about Reman captains coming from the reputation system.
Career Officer
# 518
04-18-2013, 01:13 PM
I'm really likin the new Rommie ships. I hope the "limited time" offer isn't too limitted as I have a lot on my financial hands right now, what with gettin married in June in all.
My fiance's watchin our every dime....

I don't suppose Cryptic would like to give a little wedding present to a loyal lifetime member ?
PLEASE fix the Dauntless. See suggestion below
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
how to make it too good (10/10)- if the LT tac was uni, it would probably be a 9/10, an extra LT eng or sci would have wonderful usefulness. this actually sorta, kinda, NEEDS to happen. 10/10 would make the LTC universal instead.
Career Officer
# 519
04-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I don't believe an official date has been given, but it's safe to assume the pre-order will be here until LoR goes live on the 21st. At that time all the items will go into the C-Store and be their full price.
Thank you
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Captain
# 520
04-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The ship information will be in upcoming blogs. You don't need to buy the packs today. It's not ending today. You have time to make an informed decision as to whether or now you will eventually want to buy one of the C-Store packs.
Still it's a strange procedure to sell the horse before you know what it's capable to do.
Closed Thread