Lt. Commander
# 521 No more debate
04-18-2013, 01:18 PM
125 dollors for retrofit ships, not just any old ships, iconic Romulan ships. I have been a star trek fan sense the day I saw Undiscovered country. A universe of lore bent on honor, secrets, epic battles, and for the federation making a better tomorrow. Sto I had hopes that it would right its course, to making this game the best mmo of all time, and with the Romulans it had that chance. With this pack they have set the tempo come play a universe, oh and make sure you can spend 30 bucks a month and then some. Disgusting beyond words. My hopes is that the fans of star trek shut this game down for good on there own, by their own choice, by not buying into this expansion. This whole Romulan expansion has gone from bad to worse. As a star trek fan I can no longer say, well I get to fly this ship in this universe, because its gone way beyond that. It has become way more then having a profit, its become about lets see how much we can rip off the star trek fans. This is an opinion of one star trek fan. I will say this if sto is to be turned to the right course. It will be up to the players or cbs to send the devs that message.

Oh and before a forum mod buries my post this post is hardly just about the pack. It covers everything to do with the Romulan expansion. Including the fact that you DO NOT get to fight for the Romulan star Empire.
Lt. Commander
# 522
04-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
Still it's a strange procedure to sell the horse before you know what it's capable to do.
Not everyone and probably not most people are Min/Maxers.
Republic Veteran
# 523
04-18-2013, 01:19 PM
it would have been nice to see some stats on the items they are hoping people will buy. really should have been posted with the promotion.

I'm likely to buy only a couple ships now so i'll wait till I can buy them separately. but I would have bought the legacy pack if it was for a full stand alone 3rd faction. since it's not, i'm not going to be opening my wallet. i'll just grind dilthium for zen. very easy and saves me money that's for sure, but not helped you make money however.

that's my take on it

from a lts and pro romulan 3rd faction player since launch.
Captain
# 524
04-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
Still it's a strange procedure to sell the horse before you know what it's capable to do.
It's not strange to list a horse for sale before you see it, though. No one's required to buy it without checking it's teeth.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 525
04-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
But not all of these ships are top tier ships either. They ARE levelling ships, some at least.

I maintain that in my opinion 125 bucks is overpriced for the conent being given in the package.

When asked what I thought a fair price would be, I said 60 bucks. I stick by my opinion on the pricing.

I'm not planning to play enough Romulan alts to really consider purchasing this even at 60 bucks. So really this isn't that big an issue for me.

I just think, wow, 125 bucks? For pixels? That's too rich for my interest.
*shrug* It's a valid opinion, but at the same time, $125 is not out of line for the package they're selling - it's just that I, as well, don't feel a need for *all* that stuff.

Also, digital entertainment is all pixels, isn't it? I bought the James Bond Bluray collection off Amazon - that was $150 and that, too, is just pixels.
Lt. Commander
# 526
04-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Well, I had a bunch of things I was going to say, but thread title clearly reads "No more debate". So...
Career Officer
# 527
04-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
Also, digital entertainment is all pixels, isn't it? I bought the James Bond Bluray collection off Amazon - that was $150 and that, too, is just pixels.
Just playing devil's advocate here, you'll still have those blu-rays after Amazaon is shut down. (if ever)
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Supporter of Cryptic.
Captain
# 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaalom View Post
125 dollors for retrofit ships, not just any old ships, iconic Romulan ships. I have been a star trek fan sense the day I saw Undiscovered country. A universe of lore bent on honor, secrets, epic battles, and for the federation making a better tomorrow. Sto I had hopes that it would right its course, to making this game the best mmo of all time, and with the Romulans it had that chance. With this pack they have set the tempo come play a universe, oh and make sure you can spend 30 bucks a month and then some. Disgusting beyond words. My hopes is that the fans of star trek shut this game down for good on there own, by their own choice, by not buying into this expansion. This whole Romulan expansion has gone from bad to worse. As a star trek fan I can no longer say, well I get to fly this ship in this universe, because its gone way beyond that. It has become way more then having a profit, its become about lets see how much we can rip off the star trek fans. This is an opinion of one star trek fan. I will say this if sto is to be turned to the right course. It will be up to the players or cbs to send the devs that message.

Oh and before a forum mod buries my post this post is hardly just about the pack. It covers everything to do with the Romulan expansion. Including the fact that you DO NOT get to fight for the Romulan star Empire.

You get that this is a bundle package right? The ships will be available in the store, individually, for (most likely) exactly the same prices as iconic Fed or KDF Refits and Retrofits.

The legacy pack just lets you buy them all at once. At a discount!
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters

Last edited by capnmanx; 04-18-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Career Officer
# 529
I was just thinking it would be nice to also get a new character slot or two with that premium package.
At least one.
Could you think about addin this to the premium pack Cryptic ? Pretty please?

I'm currently at my limit with my four KDF Lt Generals and five Fed Vice Admirals
New Rule: Please refrain from naming your starships after reproductive acts, or bodyparts. Nothing says I'm still a virgin more.
Captain
# 530
04-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaalom View Post
Including the fact that you DO NOT get to fight for the Romulan star Empire.
Realistically, the Hobus Supernova took that off the table.
Closed Thread