Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,950
# 701
04-29-2013, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
I asked for that on steam ....I asked for subs on steam ,I asked for accolades/achievements like in CO on steam...I dont think they care
It has nothing to do with caring. It has to do with the fact that the STO team doesn't just wiggle it's nose and get to make these decisions. The Steam decision is made by PWE and the Marketing Team, not the STO team. When Brandon gets an answer I'm sure he'll pass it along - even if the answer is no.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Commander
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 286
# 702
04-29-2013, 09:01 AM
I feel bad that those payment options suck for Europe!

I got mine on PayPal.. even used bill me later! $40 a month.. 3 months.. paid off!.. I love paypal!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,069
# 703
04-29-2013, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
It has nothing to do with caring. It has to do with the fact that the STO team doesn't just wiggle it's nose and get to make these decisions. The Steam decision is made by PWE and the Marketing Team, not the STO team. When Brandon gets an answer I'm sure he'll pass it along - even if the answer is no.
Champions online (game made by Cryptic) has steam achievements and way better steam support.More people use and will use steam than people who know what PWE is...thats simply bad marketing
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,950
# 704
04-29-2013, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
Champions online (game made by Cryptic) has steam achievements and way better steam support.More people use and will use steam than people who know what PWE is...thats simply bad marketing
CO is owned entirely by Cryptic. They don't need third-party permissions from CBS to do an ad campaign with Steam or anyone else with CO. There's a lot of legalities that go along with the ST license and how it can be utilized. Cryptic can't just do whatever it wants. Thus it takes more time.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,032
# 705
04-29-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
CO is owned entirely by Cryptic. They don't need third-party permissions from CBS to do an ad campaign with Steam or anyone else with CO.
That may not be entirely true - Champions is a licensed product as well, but given its RPG roots, Cryptic probably has a lot more leeway than in dealing with a big corp like CBS.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,950
# 706
04-29-2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
That may not be entirely true - Champions is a licensed product as well, but given its RPG roots, Cryptic probably has a lot more leeway than in dealing with a big corp like CBS.
Champions is not a licensed product. Cryptic purchased all rights to Champions from Hero Games - and then gave Hero Games a license to produce Champions RPG products. Hero Games must now ask Cryptic if it's ok for them to do or advertise a product now - just as Cryptic must ask CBS.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 46
# 707 Romulan expansion packs
04-29-2013, 08:14 PM
First question: I bought myself the starter pack a few days back and I am considering buying the legacy pack instead. Will I get a $20 discount on the legacy if I buy it or would I just be out $20?

Next question: I was thinking of buying the starter pack for my friend but now that I bought one there is no option to purchase another and even then I'm not sure it could be gifted. So what options there aside from just sending him $20?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,950
# 708
04-29-2013, 08:22 PM
No. You're just out the $20.00.

You can't gift something for someone. The best you can do is buy them a $25.00 Zen card and then let them buy the LoR items when they hit the C-Store on the 21st.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 709
04-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdansot View Post
First question: I bought myself the starter pack a few days back and I am considering buying the legacy pack instead. Will I get a $20 discount on the legacy if I buy it or would I just be out $20?

Next question: I was thinking of buying the starter pack for my friend but now that I bought one there is no option to purchase another and even then I'm not sure it could be gifted. So what options there aside from just sending him $20?
Reach out to billing support; they have helped a few other players in this and the FAQ thread. It sounds like you'll need to purchase the Legacy Pack, and then they can refund the Starter Pack. It's definitely not automatic, so reach out to them first via support.perefectworld.com to make sure.

As for your second question, there is no gifting program at this time.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 40
# 710 the new legacy bundle
04-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Hello . I Am A Very Irate Subber Here.

The New Legacy Of Romulus Legacy Pack Should Be Given Or Atleast Highly Discounted For Those Who Are Already Lifers. And Yet You Are Charging Full Price To Everyone. I Am Sure I Am Not The Only One Here Who Has Sent Out Hundreds If Not Thousands On This Game And Yet We Dont Even Get The Decency Of The Legacy Of Romulus Legacy Pack Without Paying Full Price For It.

I For One Am Not Happy About This And It Think It Is Wrong For Us Lifers Not Being Able To Get Get It If Nothing Else For A Highly Discounted Price. (it Should Be Free To Current Lifers Tho That Would Be Better And More Honest Thing To Do) .


Signed A Very Po'ed Lifer
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:32 AM.